• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2014/15

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm skipper of a 2nd grade 2 day side & we've really struggled for players. Personally I don't enjoy playing 20/20 and am best suited to 2 dayers but am also not good enough to play senior reserve. But there aren't many old fuddy duddies like me around these days (at least in attitudes, I'm 27). There are loads of players in the Onslow 20/20 and one day sides who could do well in my grade - enough that I wouldn't even make the side - but they just aren't interested.

Other thing I don't get about NZ club cricket is the reluctance to play on a public holiday. When I lived in the UK we'd play 3 games over a long weekend. Not here. Everyone just cries off.
I know what you mean Chubster, I'd much prefer to be playing 2 dayers. Definitely suited my skills much more - especially my stodgy batting (I think I mentioned it on here, but I played my first 2 dayer in about 6 years last year to help out a mate, came in at about 30 - 6/7, proceeded to accumulate 7 runs in 30 overs whilst the guy at the other end scored a ton in the same time in order to secure first innings points. One dayers and T20s just don't have that kind of nuance to them.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I think T20s and one dayers are a great way to promote club cricket participation as they don't require commitments quite as big but I concur with Chubb and Heef that they're not anywhere near as good to play on a personal level.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
My SkyNZ source has moved to London; it's going to be more difficult following your domestic stuff for me this season.

Kippax, I'll be relying on you even more than usual. :p

Flem274*

123/5
is papps keeping wicket for the south? they forgot to pick one

and derek de boorder hasn't played international cricket smithy, so only 10 north island blokes have played for nz.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
phlegm has decided we're playing southee, boult, henry, milne and neesh against sri lanka.

the above may be based entirely on who phlegm wants to watch bowl.

Flem274*

123/5
he's bowled pretty all right tbh. he just fell over. happens.

guppers such a beast in the field. match winner with the bat and in the field.

Last edited: