• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2008/09

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Has been a few showers around down here, but I hope it hasn't been too bad in Dunedin.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Well...it's a shame rain ruined the contest but Otago are declared the winners after finishing top of the table. I think the Otago side won't disgrace themselves if they qualify for the Champions League....Dimitri Mascarenhas, Brendon and Nathan McCullum, Neil Broom and Ian Butler to name a few.

Polo23

International Debutant
Canterbury 100/1. Papps 70* and just lost Astle for 29. Dravid has just joined Papps at the crease and is on 0. Mishra 0/7 off 4.

Otago 55/2. Burns got Rutherford for a duck and Todd for 5. Laxman and Cumming have steadied the ship and are 20 and 24 not out. Balaji 0/24 off 10.

Polo23

International Debutant
Laxman gone for 20, caught Boam bowled Burns. Burns has 3fa now.

Otago in trouble at 60/3, Shaun *0 technique* Haig is the next man in.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Also this guy Dravid is really dragging down the Canterbury scoring rate - only 9 runs from 30. Pfft. Needs to pick up the pace to keep up with the awesome Michael Papps on 85 from 104 balls.

Hehehe - just surreal to have such high-profile and successful players in the domestic NZ competition.

Polo23

International Debutant
It's good to show the rest of the world that our domestic competition isn't as weak as many think, which I believe is the case.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
It's good to show the rest of the world that our domestic competition isn't as weak as many think, which I believe is the case.
I believe that too, but I don't think we need to go telling the world our secret.

In other news, I forgot to mention the following:
B Diamanti 7-3-13-1 > A Mishra 7-0-18-0
M Burns 10-0-29-4 >> L Balaji 10-3-24-0

NZ domestic cricket is awesome. That is all.

JimmyGS

First Class Debutant
Ili Tugaga debuting for Wellington. Big tall under 19 bowler who hits the deck hard at reasonable pace. Bit of a scratchy start though.

Flem274*

123/5
Good to see the NZ domestic lads aren't being put to shame by the Indians.

Is Michael Davidson bowling for Canterbury?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Good to see the NZ domestic lads aren't being put to shame by the Indians.

Is Michael Davidson bowling for Canterbury?
Will be, but they're batting at the moment.

Looks like a belter for Canty v CD and a minefield for Otago v Wellington - Otago all out for 174 against a Wellington bowling attach of Balaji, Burns, Bowden and Tuagaga. Where are Mark Gillespie and Jeets? Wellington now 14/2.

Flem274*

123/5
Will be, but they're batting at the moment.

Looks like a belter for Canty v CD and a minefield for Otago v Wellington - Otago all out for 174 against a Wellington bowling attach of Balaji, Burns, Bowden and Tuagaga. Where are Mark Gillespie and Jeets? Wellington now 14/2.
That Wellington line up is ****e (mainly Bowdens fault). Who even is Tuagaga?

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
That Wellington line up is ****e (mainly Bowdens fault). Who even is Tuagaga?
JimmyGS said he's an U19 fast bowler.

Yeah really weak (or at least unproven) Wellington bowling attack. I guess the Otago batting lineup isn't the greatest either (for FC anyway).