• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
My Nets bury the Bucks

KD, Kyrie and Ben are the most talented trio in the NBA but they also be crazy

Will be interesting to see whether they can hold it together

I am backing them as that was a beat down

Last edited:

Teja.

Global Moderator
There are no actual high quality potential championship teams in the west separating themselves by a margin from the top 5-6 unless the warriors get it together. This is great for the Mavs because it puts them in an advantage in a closely contested 6-7 game kinda series because Luka's skill set is more geared towards winning individual games on his own than anyone in the west. Jokic is leaning heavily into a more team facilitator based offence and Ja/Zion both are playing within themselves and don't dominate the ball in most games. Suns/Clippers are not a threat due to injuries.

The top 4 in the east might be better at full strength than any team in the west though. Durant and Kyrie are 2 of the best and most consistent iso players in the league on fantastic seasons, Embiid is on an MVP season with Harden finally accepting and excelling in his his new role, Celtics are on a tear with two top 15 offensive players along with a very well rounded defensive team and a fully healthy Bucks with Giannis, Holiday, Middleton and Lopez v2 are the best play off team in the league IMO.

Teja.

Global Moderator
One player winning a seven game playoff series against better teams is extremely rare. The more weapons you have the better
I meant there’s no west team which is much better than the mavs and I think the mavs can drag it to game 6/7 with basically any wcf team.

If it then comes down to win a KO game, the mavs would fancy their chances, unlike a team like the Warriors last year which were just much better than the mavs and ended the series early.

duffer

I meant there’s no west team which is much better than the mavs and I think the mavs can drag it to game 6/7 with basically any wcf team.

If it then comes down to win a KO game, the mavs would fancy their chances, unlike a team like the Warriors last year which were just much better than the mavs and ended the series early.
I don't think you have enough weapons to get out the West, despite how good Luka is. You'd need all the stars to align for it to play out how you hope it will.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
i don't think the mavs have the team to beat the nuggets or memphis in a playoff series...the suns are a mystery this season, shouldn't be struggling this much...but the mavs will likely lose against the clippers and the warriors as well assuming both teams get back to full health...a couple of monster games from luka will likely keep it interesting but winning 4 of 7 requires a different level of toughness and i don't think dallas has it right now...

Teja.

Global Moderator
I think the Nuggets, especially as constructed this season, are a much stronger regular season team than a play-off team because while Jokic's role as a facilitator is getting stronger and stronger in the regular season each year, teams force him to play a much more traditional center iso offence heavy style in the play-offs as opposed to the christmas tree point center role he plays in the regular season. He suddenly is forced to take a lot more shots, jack up more threes and create far less shots in the playoffs for his team every season and considering how heavy the Nuggets are leaning into him as a facilitator, I think this year might be an adjustment nightmare for them in the playoffs considering he has 9.7 assists this season and will probably not get close to generating as much in the playoffs considering the last few years.

They are still probably a better team than the Mavs but I don't see them as unbeatable at all.

Jokic in the last 3 years:

YearAST (reg season)AST (playoffs)
2019-207.05.7
2020-218.35.0
2021-228.05.8
2022-239.7?

duffer

I think Murray gonna handle the ball a lot more once he's fully fit and they set up fluid schemes involving both of them. Would be a nightmare with good shooters around them.

It's our D which worries me come playoffs, our offense will light anyone up if we can roll with what we have. Another couple of bench pieces would be nice but you can't have everything these days.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
@Teja. That’s all I meant, we are a better constructed team than the Mavs, more offensive options etc, do not think for a second that we are unbeatable…

duffer

Fecking hell we're playing great ball though now. Is it wrong of me to start dreaming again?