• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Some crucial no-calls at the end, but the Spurs blew it themselves anyway. Leaving Manu on the floor when it was obviously not his night, and taking Duncan out for that play. Ugh. Would've been nice if they made their FTs too.

Honestly, it would take a huge game from SA to win it now. Miami has all the momentum.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
What a game. Weirdest clutch performance ever by Lebron. Also Allen's shot has to be the greatest shot in a finals.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Step down off of the hyperbole train.
Man it was incredibly important, difficult and timely. What was better? Gotta be up there.

:laugh:

I have a theory. LeBron losing his headband made him better, as if he was letting go. Plus it completely threw off the Spurs as they kept forgetting who this dude was. Pop's number 1 strategy needs to be to convince LeBron to put his headband back on.
It was very symbolic; like he just decided to face his insecurities.

Last edited:

Fusion

Global Moderator
If you haven’t seen Pop’s post-game press conference, I highly encourage you to do so. Even by Pop’s own lofty standards, this one was an all-time classic in how tense and short it was.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Man it was incredibly important, difficult and timely. What was better? Gotta be up there.
It's definitely up there, probably top 3-5, but it isn't the best ever. I can think of two bigger ones off the top of my head. Jordan's last shot in a Bulls Jersey (man he should never have come back after this) in Game 6, 1998 finals and Magic's baby skyhook over McHale in the '87 finals.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
It's definitely up there, probably top 3-5, but it isn't the best ever. I can think of two bigger ones off the top of my head. Jordan's last shot in a Bulls Jersey (man he should never have come back after this) in Game 6, 1998 finals and Magic's baby skyhook over McHale in the '87 finals.
Really? Think about it.

Jordan's is overhyped and is just a sentimental thing because he was retiring. Not only did the Jazz still have enough time to win it back, but even if he had missed it would have just forced a game 7.

Magic's skyhook was a game winner in game 4.

Both are notable but neither were as tough or as important as Allen's. If he doesn't make the shot they lose. He makes it and helps force a game 7. It was a scrappy play and it is incredible in the mess that Allen quickly got behind the line, without really checking to see where his feet were, and shooting a 3 with the Spurs players collapsing on him.

Last edited:

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Dr. J's behind the backboard? Not sure if better, but definitely up there.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Really? Think about it.

Jordan's is overhyped and is just a sentimental thing because he was retiring. Not only did the Jazz still have enough time to win it back, but even if he had missed it would have just forced a game 7.

Magic's skyhook was a game winner in game 4.

Both are notable but neither were as tough or as important as Allen's. If he doesn't make the shot they lose. He makes it and helps force a game 7. It was a scrappy play and it is incredible in the mess that Allen quickly got behind the line, without really checking to see where his feet were, and shooting a 3 with the Spurs players collapsing on him.
Fair enough about the Jordan shot, I disagree with you but all points are reasonably fair.

You're underrating the Magic skyhook in difficulty (have ever tried to do a running skyhook? it's ****ing hard as ****) and whilst it was in "only" in game 4, it put them up 3-1 with two games left at hime and won the series for the Lakers. It was the most important shot of the most important decade in the history of the NBA, it put Magic above Bird in the all-time pantheon and secured his legacy as (at the time) one of the best two players of all time. I'd contend that in difficulty terms, Magic's shot was a harder shot, he was properly contested by one of the best power forwards ever and it was a shot even he admitted he'd never really practiced or tried before. Corner threes are one of the easiest and highest percentage shots in the NBA, and despite Tony Parker "contesting" Ray was wide open on it. There wasn't even a Spurs hand in the aiir. It was also in the Boston Garden, which at the time was a complete Lakers graveyard.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Lebron's Headband @LebronzHeadband 23m
lmao and y'all thought he played better without me

Lebron's Headband @LebronzHeadband 1h
I'm guarding Lebron's hairline but Kawhi ain't guarding Lebron lol

:laugh: