• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
wow! the detroit 2nd string bringing them back into the game in the 4th and james has to come back, it's a 7 pt game with 3:44 min left!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Again, for the uneducated, why are Houston such underdogs against Portland? Simply because they're playing away?
don't know how betting works but portland is the higher seed and had home court advantage at the start of the series so that might have something to do with it...

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apart from Paul they've got nothing, and even he struggles against Chauncey. Just a bad matchup full stop. Wouldn't be surprised if this is over in 5. Chauncey playing real nice though and Melo was much improved today.

The New Orleans bench is non existent too. For the production they are getting out of Posey he is way overpaid and for a franchise that is bleeding money that can't be a good thing. They tried to trade Chandler for peanuts to shed salary and wouldn't be surprised if they tried to move him or West this off season.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
what is surprising to me is the difference in their level of play from last season, it is pretty much the same team but we don't see that spark that we saw last year....they were supposed to be contenders at the beginning of the season, it's true that they were beset by injuries to key players throughout but that doesn't completely explain the degradation in performance, now it just seems to be a one-man team...paul must be getting really frustrated...

Fusion

Global Moderator
Had flashbacks to the 2006 finals after watching that. I still haven't recovered from that 3 years later.

the bulls and the spurs getting destroyed....
A Game 3 win is definately more important for the Mavs. If they don't win, I would've said the Spurs win the series, guaranteed. Being up 2-1...I like the Mavs' chances.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Had flashbacks to the 2006 finals after watching that. I still haven't recovered from that 3 years later.
yeah he has just been spectacular this year, the most important facet of that win was that he got significant contributions from his teammates...they are still a long way from winning the series, let's see how they do at home....

A Game 3 win is definately more important for the Mavs. If they don't win, I would've said the Spurs win the series, guaranteed. Being up 2-1...I like the Mavs' chances.
yeah the spurs just haven't been the same without ginobli....the mavs are definitely the favourites at this point...

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
:(

This is why we need to trade Gordon next season. He's a good clutch shooter but completely useless and a waste of space when he goes cold, which happens more than it should. I liked him better when Skiles was using him off the bench. Would rather start with Hinrich, even if when he's cold he's usually the best defender on the court.

P.S: I don't want to make it seem like I'm blaming Gordon for the loss, as it was obviously a bad game for most Bulls involved, but we really do need to think about trading him and Deng next season.

Oh and NoahIsMyHero.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Dammit, game tied with 12 seconds to go.

Kobe jacked up way too many contested shots today. Brewer played him real well but Kobe had so many opportunities to look for cutters into the lane or to his shooters on the arc and decided to chuck. Hope they get home though, I really hate the Jazz.

EDIT: ****