• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol, we still can't shoot the 3 ball. This is basically a new team if you take into account how long Murray and MPJ were out so this will be an up and down first half of the season.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Lol, we still can't shoot the 3 ball. This is basically a new team if you take into account how long Murray and MPJ were out so this will be an up and down first half of the season.
yeah lost very tamely to our rocky mountain counterpart...that too a team in the midst of a complete rebuild...not a good start but 81 games left so hopefully they can turn it around...

social

Spoke too soon about the Lakers

Nets were absolutely awful and the Nuggets lost to a team which isn’t trying to win

Pretty crazy round 1

social

Jazz played levels harder than we did though. Got hustled badly
Tbf, ***ton has become ridiculously underrated while injured

He’s better than Garland IMO

I would rather have him than Morant

Utah will smoke some teams with he & Clarkson

Will also lose a lot

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year

Nets were absolutely awful and the Nuggets lost to a team which isn’t trying to win

Pretty crazy round 1
Really surprised at how bad the Nets seem to be out the gate.
Tbf, ***ton has become ridiculously underrated while injured

He’s better than Garland IMO

I would rather have him than Morant

Utah will smoke some teams with he & Clarkson

Will also lose a lot
***ton probably playing with a chip on his shoulder for being traded.

Any takers for last team in the NBA to win a regular season game. I guess the Spurs

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
What did you say about the Lakers? Their season was toast the minute they failed to trade Westbrook, Davis is already complaining about back tightness and the season has just started...they are going to get whupped by the Clippers tonight...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
terrific shooting night for westbrook! so worth the 47 million they are paying him! i say give him another 4 year extension!

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
yes! that's how you bounce back from a bad defeat! almost threw it away at the end but managed to beat the defending champs away - nikola with an efficient triple double as usual! fantastic court-length pass to brown at the end there!

social

terrific shooting night for westbrook! so worth the 47 million they are paying him! i say give him another 4 year extension!
Not Westbrook’s fault that the the Lakers traded for him

I can’t recall any NBA commentator endorsing that move

It will be peak stupidity if they give up their remaining draft capital to trade him away

If it was me, I would look to get a massive haul for AD

Potentially keeps team somewhat competitive in a year where they don’t have a first rounder & doesn’t sacrifice their medium term future

Last edited:

duffer

yes! that's how you bounce back from a bad defeat! almost threw it away at the end but managed to beat the defending champs away - nikola with an efficient triple double as usual! fantastic court-length pass to brown at the end there!
Game was lit, yes it was

social

Watched the Nets game

They would have beaten a pretty good Raps team by 30 if KD hadn’t been sleepwalking but were saved by Kyrie going crazy

Really need a new coach

duffer

That was one of those B2B games where we somehow get it done and never speak about it again. Port not being a traffic cone on D anymore is a good development at this point and KCP looks like a nice pickup.

I'm optimistic af about this group going forwards

social

The smoke coming out of the Sixers will turn into an inferno if they’re not careful

Team doesn’t look happy at all

social

That was one of those B2B games where we somehow get it done and never speak about it again. Port not being a traffic cone on D anymore is a good development at this point and KCP looks like a nice pickup.

I'm optimistic af about this group going forwards
From what I have seen, Jokic is such a good guy

Doesn’t drop his bundle and blame others like Embiid

Not a fake nice guy like Giannis

Doesn’t throw his weight around like LeGM

Just gets on with it without any pretensions

duffer

From what I have seen, Jokic is such a good guy

Doesn’t drop his bundle and blame others like Embiid

Not a fake nice guy like Giannis

Doesn’t throw his weight around like LeGM

Just gets on with it without any pretensions
He's our Tim Duncan. Hopefully with the rings to match soon

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
NBA writers talking about players 'erupting for x points' in a short stretch of a game is vaguely ******.