• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** 'My Current World XI' Thread

kwigibo

School Boy/Girl Captain
I'd rather see another Asia vs The Rest series/game or some variation of an all-star thing, maybe East vs West (eg; WI, ENG, SA, ZIM, KEN, vs PAK, IND, SL, BAN, AUS, NZ) or North vs South (ENG, WI, PAK, IND, BAN, SL vs AUS, NZ, SA, ZIM, KEN), to mix it up better. With the best teams picked, not just which has-beens are available. Maybe like the NBA where the fans vote, crowd favourites like Dhoni, Afridi etc. would likely be first picked in this scenario though.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cos there's a dearth of quality openers when you take away Australia.
Smith, Gibbs, Strauss, Cook, Gayle and Jaffer are about the only choices you have. Up until not that long ago then Jayasuriya and Atapattu would have been included in that list, but the other openers in world cricket aren't really up to it.

bond21

Banned
What is your World XI?????????????????????????

1. Jaques
2. Hayden
3. Ponting
4. Hussey
5. Clarke
6. Symonds
7. Haddin
8. Lee
9. Johnson
10. Clark
11. MacGill.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Thread closed. If anyone wants to do a serious one, they're free to dig up one of the 15,345 threads we've had on the matter.

bond21

Banned
Hayden
Jaques
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Gilchrist
Lee
Hogg
Johnson
Clark
MacGill

proven to be the best so..

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hayden
Jaques
Ponting
Hussey
Clarke
Symonds
Gilchrist
Lee
Hogg
Johnson
Clark
MacGill

proven to be the best so..
Not to point out flaws in your XI, but you have picked 12 players, two of whom have retired and one of whom has seemingly devoured all the pies that Jesse Ryder left behind. Coupled with this is the fact you are clearly deficient in some mental respect, which leaves me doubting the efficacy of the team you've so painstakingly selected; and it must have been painstaking as you've managed to spell all their names correctly.

Well done.

kp4captain

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
On a sub-contintental spinning wicket

Hayden
Cook
Kallis
KP
Jayawardena
Sachin
Sangakkara-wk
Vettori
Lee
Steyn
Murali

Question marks over cook but the rest of the team picks itself

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
He's certainly pretty good by our standards, but I find it hard to believe there aren't opening-batsmen better-equipped TBH.

Heck, Virender Sehwag. :blink:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
He's certainly pretty good by our standards, but I find it hard to believe there aren't opening-batsmen better-equipped TBH.

Heck, Virender Sehwag. :blink:
I don't particularly think Sehwag is as good as some people think - but on a flat wicket in the subcontinent, I'd back him to stand still and flay the ball all around the park any day.

Of course, then sometimes he goes to New Zealand and leads the Indian run charts over there, and I end up scratching my head. :p

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Because he scored 2 tons in the ODI series that same tour.

SS accidentally taking ODIs into account when rating a player is quite ironic :p