• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 30 - Canada v New Zealand

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty funny situation with Hansra basically heading off for a bit of a lie down in the middle of his innings, to come back in at 8 down.

Blaze 18

Banned
Well done New Zealand. :) Good to see Canada put up a fight against a top side. It'll do their confidence a world of good.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Interesting little factoid

Most runs off an over in ODI history
36 - Gibbs (6,6,6,6,6,6)
32 - Afridi (4,4,6,6,6,6)
31 - Williamson (1) Franklin (6,6,4,6,N4,wd,2) vs Canada
30 - Taylor (4,6,wd,6,wd,2,4,6) vs Pakistan
30 - Jayasuriya (wd,4,0,6,6,6,6,1)
30 - Jayasuriya (6,6,6,6,4,2)
30 - Boucher (4,1) Kallis (2,5wd,6,6,6)
30 - Mascarenhas (0,6,6,6,6,6)
28 - Taylor (4,6,6,wd,0,4,wd,6) vs Pakistan
28 - Taylor (6,6,0,6,6,4) vs Canada

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Also Franklin's 31 off 8 gives him the highest strike rate in an innings in ODI history (min 25 runs)

Highest strike rate in an innings
Franklin 387.50
Afridi 305.55
Maharoof 300.00

Flem274*

123/5
Pretty worrying Canada scored 267/9 when we have our two best bowlers by far missing.

If Mills and Vettori are goneburgers, so are we.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Well obviously if Mills isn't playing we would at least have had Bennett.

There was a period in the middle where it was basically about 15 overs straight of Styris, Williamson, and Franklin's pies. Styris should only ever be needed for 5 or so overs, Franklin shouldn't even be bowling 1 over. And Williamson was in the team for Vettori. Nuff said.

Blaze 18

Banned
Pretty worrying Canada scored 267/9 when we have our two best bowlers by far missing.

If Mills and Vettori are goneburgers, so are we.
I wouldn't read too much into it. They had such a large total on the board that they knew they had no chance of losing, so they obviously didn't go all out. If they were defending 250, I'm sure they'd have showed a lot more intent.

BeeGee

International Captain
Well obviously if Mills isn't playing we would at least have had Bennett.

There was a period in the middle where it was basically about 15 overs straight of Styris, Williamson, and Franklin's pies. Styris should only ever be needed for 5 or so overs, Franklin shouldn't even be bowling 1 over. And Williamson was in the team for Vettori. Nuff said.
AWTA. We were down two bowlers today, and our two best bowlers at that.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
I really think that both games played today were fixed by ICC!!!

How?

ICC probably instructed Australia and NZ to stretch their games against minnows as much as possible.

They just wanted the 50/50 format to be more entertaining, which would have not been if Aus and NZ borught their A game to bowl out the opposition in less than 30 overs.

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Saying it in two threads just makes this post even worse.
But i have a gut feeling that is what happened.

Infact, I think yesterday's match was also fixed. I really do. There is no other explanation to that 29/9 collapse in 10 overs. And asking Nehra to bowl the last over when everyone in the stadium, commentators box, people watching on television etc. thought it would be Bhajji. Dhoni and management are involved in this mess.

Sack them all.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I really think that both games played today were fixed by ICC!!!

How?

ICC probably instructed Australia and NZ to stretch their games against minnows as much as possible.

They just wanted the 50/50 format to be more entertaining, which would have not been if Aus and NZ borught their A game to bowl out the opposition in less than 30 overs.
But i have a gut feeling that is what happened.

Infact, I think yesterday's match was also fixed. I really do. There is no other explanation to that 29/9 collapse in 10 overs. And asking Nehra to bowl the last over when everyone in the stadium, commentators box, people watching on television etc. thought it would be Bhajji. Dhoni and management are involved in this mess.

Sack them all.
It is not appropiate to throw out allegations of match-fixing without any evidence. Please stop with this line of posting immediately. Furthermore, please stop bringing up India in a Can/NZ match thread. If you wish to discuss India's prospects, do so in the Indian match threads (and without match fixing or other baiting posts).