• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #27- Australia vs New Zealand - October 28th-Dharamsala (D)

DriveClub

International Regular
Certainly better than 2011. Not sure about 2015 as they actually won it. It was the ideal team for Aust conditions

2019 also had a decent run in the WC by beating both the finalists in group stages
Still haven’t found a replacement for World Cup hero and ping ping champion James Faulkner. He was all rounder of the tournament in 2015

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
imagine thinking other teams live in the same tier as australia for the nz side mentally after todays game.

can definitely be argued nz literally dropped their opportunity for a win.
It's the opposite. Lifted their game immensely to get so close. That NZ XI had no right to compete at that level with a vastly superior Aus outfit

Skyliner

International 12th Man
For everyone to agree that it was a fantastic and memorable game of cricket, two sides must have competed fiercely. Cummins was very respectful of the quality of the batting. After the two Henry free hits went the distance & Neesham’s absolute horrow show of an over, Australia had a massive leg up. It would take something special to make a contest out of the second half of the game. Ravindra has confirmed his class and ability to stand up in big occasions, Neesh has shown he still has much to offer as a lower order hitter, and we still have Kane to come back. I don’t know about moral or psychological victories, congrats to the Aussies on yet another win over us - yet NZ are still a real contender after that performance. ‘Flush the dunny and move on’ as regards the bowling, take the positives of GP’s revelatory bowling under immense pressure, plus Rachin’s class & poise and Neesham’s fight with the bat.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
There is a ‘Big 4’ of absolute class in NZ’s batting now, in DC, Kane, Rachin, and Mitchell. The eventual return of Kane will make a positive difference in that he can calmly bat in partnership with the other top order guns and glue the innings together better than the patchy ‘supporting cast’ of Young, Latham, and GP have been able to in his absence.

Shady Slim

International Coach
imagine thinking other teams live in the same tier as australia for the nz side mentally after todays game.

can definitely be argued nz literally dropped their opportunity for a win.

and only aus and maybe india could have kept that game after the nz batting showed up hot.
i know there's much to be said about mentalmidgetry and nz vs australia matches and you can really analyse the nz batting innings for it towards the end, but were i a kiwu fan i'd be absolutely much more disappointed with the last ten overs of the bowling innings. obviously if's and but's, and maybe if it's a slightly smaller total they aren't galvanised and fall for a more routine 275ao, but if the bowling had even kept us to like 350-360...

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
i know there's much to be said about mentalmidgetry and nz vs australia matches and you can really analyse the nz batting innings for it towards the end, but were i a kiwu fan i'd be absolutely much more disappointed with the last ten overs of the bowling innings. obviously if's and but's, and maybe if it's a slightly smaller total they aren't galvanised and fall for a more routine 275ao, but if the bowling had even kept us to like 350-360...
Tbf after that first 15 overs it was a minor miracle that NZ kept Australia to under 400. And how Glenn Phillips was pretty much singlehandedly the man who did it. Just a whacky game from start to finish.