• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official***Match #27- Australia vs New Zealand - October 28th-Dharamsala (D)

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Aussies got out of jail today!
NZ will walk off more confident. They weren't desperate about points like Australia anyways
Well, they’ll be pretty spent too after two close games which they couldn’t close out. Will need to regroup but look a better than Pak at the moment.

King Kane

International Debutant
imagine thinking other teams live in the same tier as australia for the nz side mentally after todays game.

can definitely be argued nz literally dropped their opportunity for a win.

and only aus and maybe india could have kept that game after the nz batting showed up hot.
Dropping catches and bowling trash in the first 10 overs cost us more than the batting did, we did well to get so close all things considered.

Ravindra's ton and Neesham's fifty were the big positives, a shame Neesham couldn't get across the line at the end but he did enough to keep his spot.

loterry1994

International Debutant
Starc won’t get benched but they should probably try use his overs differently his been getting smashed a lot lately in the powerplay and death overs. A lot of his wickets have come maybe after like his 7th over after his got smashed around and everyone is slogging already

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder how bad Ferguson is. I assume Southee will come in instead of Sodhi as Phillips and Ravindra have bowled far better than anyone would've imagined.

Also wonder when Kane will be back.

Gob

International Coach
They're not going to drop Starc but, that aside, at this point I feel that this is pretty close to the actual best XI we can field from this squad. It's more important now to stabilise and make sure everyone is in good nick rather than trying to work out selection.
Yeah this is the best xi unless Starc is injured so Abbott should come in until Starc gets his full fitness back

They need to be flexible with the batting order. If a wicket falls in the first ten overs, send in Marsh. From 15 to 35, Smith followed by Marnus. Later than that Maxwell

Gob

International Coach
Yup, technically no team has yet qualified for the semis although we're in the strongest position for now!
Yeah. I mean it's ludicrous to suggest teams don't chase 2 points in a ****ing world cup. That's how you proceed

Unless we are talking about moral victory wins akin to Ashes

Andy19

School Boy/Girl Captain
Australia beating new Zealand is so predictable and common. as always Australia own New Zealand 4 Consecutive wins for the Aussies we on a massive roll.

I have strong feelings Australia are winning all the rest of the matches and the world cup as well we peaking at the right time.

Same old Aussies always beating New Zealand...

Andy19

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yup, technically no team has yet qualified for the semis although we're in the strongest position for now!
Can't see how any of the top 4 teams don't qualify.

Australia still haven't played Afghanistan and Bangladesh....