• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 25 - India v Netherlands

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blaze 18

Banned
No but ok, I really want to know your thoughts on this. I understand India haven't been as fluent as their fans would've liked, but surely an 87 run win and two 5-wicket wins are comfortable ones.

And the scare that India have given some of their fans is partly based on the high expectations we've had of them.
I think Indian fans (rightly) expected India to win these games convincingly. Their bowling, fielding and batting (this game and the last) have all been well below par, considerably below what we are truly capable of. Obviously our opponents have played very well, but they've been helped by some brain farts from some of our players. The optimistic fan that I am, I still think we'll do quite well in the upcoming matches.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Dhoni and Yuvraj finishing off a chase for us, with Yuvraj playing fluently. Been a while since we've witnessed that. Surely these are good signs for the upcoming games.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This has got to be in the nominations for the thread with some of the worst posting ever :laugh:

Last edited:

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
I didn't have to google it, I am am aware of general population sizes and have travelled throughout europe, having been born in the UK. Oh it does tell you something when foregin born players make up a chunk of your team. It doesn't matter if they learnt their cricket in Netherlands, they clearly came from a cricket culture so that is no surprise. I bet many dutch people do not even know their team is playing and that is the issue. Why pump money into a country which has no desire to be a major cricketing nation? Bangladesh are poor but they have the will to succeed at least. I think Cricket will grow in Afghanistan and China more.
thanks to that England game this WC I think 70% of the Dutch population is aware of cricket and this world cup.

Every major news broadcast mentioned it, the Sport journal from the state owned television channels even did a 30 minute thing about it.
A lot of talkshows invited a famous dutch comedian who loves cricket (and speaks about it in all his shows) so yes...a world cup HELPS the associates and HELPS spreak the cricket 'gospel''

Last edited:

Tendulkar_200*

School Boy/Girl Captain
Jeez, is a fifty really that big a deal. Just take the runs ffs.
It was great team spirit for Dhoni to let Yuvi do that. There was nothing else in this match, might as well notch up some records. I was hoping to see Tendulkar score another ODI ton and edge closer to 50 tons! Mind you he would already be there if he hadn't deliberately not played much ODI cricket in the last 2 years.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Fair point mate, the minnows dont't really add to to the tournament, this match was won the moment we rocked up at the ground.

Agree with how we approached the innings and sending in Yusuf at 3, need to stay motivated even in a match that is a bit of a formaility, we were trying to win the match in 20 odd overs, in doing so we lost a few poles which created a situation where we were never going to lose but has given our lower order a chance to bat!
Despite throwing a few wickets away we never looked like we would lose this match it was always in our hands not the Dutch they had no control over the result we did! Turning up all but secure 2 points for us thats fact!
Dhoni_fan, you have been warned before not to post in such an inflammatory manner. If you believe India are overwhelming favorites against Associate nations, you can make your point without the childish “all we had to do was show up at the ground” sentiment. Such posts are sure to rile up other members and hence you will be infracted for them. Please refrain from posting in this manner in the future.

Last edited:

IndiaLose

U19 12th Man
Yuvraj you greedy ****er.

Good knock though.
He indeed is. It's dangerous to have a player like Yuvraj who is greedy for runs and can go to any extent to cross half century or full century. Let's see if he performs this well in the knockout stages.

jeevan

International 12th Man
I agree. It is comfortable, but I guess we expected a more crushing victory. However, we simply are not playing as well as we could. For the bigger matches, the players will take it more seriously.
Except the player formerly known as waterboy, he's been boarding the correct bus all the games so far...:ph34r:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Read about 3 posts in this thread and decided that's 3 too many. Usual suspects up to their usual tricks.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well.... thank God we kept faith in Waterboy, eh? :dry: Sloppy cricket from India, but QFs, here we come! :)