• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 17# India vs Bangladesh - The Pune Clash

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Explain why Shami who has been one of the best ODI bowlers in the world his entire career, cannot get in the side?

Like Australia not picking Starc or Afghanistan Rashid.
People say this often but LO cricket are very role specific. Shami is an excellent new ball bowler but so is Siraj and so is Bumrah. Now the choice is we can only have two of those. Of course, Shami is a better bowler than Shardul overall but sometimes these role specific things matter. If you are expecting the same avg and SR Shami when bowling first change, its not gonna happen. Then it becomes a question of whether the first change Shami is still a better overall package and value compared to Shardul.

I realize all of this is not straightforward because Shardul has been extremely disappointing in ODIs overall and it seems to be his weakest format, coz it neutralizes his strengths (unpredictability, shorter spells with both bat and ball can help as he can have better impact) and exposes his weaknesses but in theory, choosing the #8 to be a more regular change seamer and can-bat type is understandable AFAIC.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
We dominated 2019 WC and topped the table in league stage .
What was the end result?
We got humiliated in SF . Group stage results don’t matter
Just what I wanted to say. Group Stage superiority means jack all after a certain point.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Most manufactured 100 I have seen since Sachin's 100th. But we didn't lose this one and honestly, it only took like an over more. So its fine.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
A trophy ain't enough. Even England has a trophy despite never winning the final. It's about sending a message that a new era has began.
But a new era hasn’t begun…..

India are an excellent team but there is not an indication that they are beginning of the WI or Aus level dominance.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yeah Indian dominance will be even greater and longer.
Haha. May I ask how old you are? I ask it not as an insult but as appreciation. We need people, not like me, on this forums that are not scarred by the 90s, and always expecting mediocrity.

it’s good that the next generation expect greatness. Unfortunately, it’s too late for me.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Yeah what Kohli did improved the NRR a lot more than taking two singles.
Now if he would do it when NOT going for a century, I’d have a lot of time for that.

And also that would be quite the disrespect to KL Rahul. And I’m here for that drama.

But we all know he wouldn’t be refusing that single if he was on 37*, and that’s just my point.

I don’t want to belabor it because it’s a very minor thing in the grand scheme of things and it honestly doesn’t matter but it bothered me a little bit on principle.