• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 17 - Canada v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xuhaib

International Coach
call me a pessimist but don't think this batting lineup will win you a world cup its like watching India bowl a few good players rest club standard and unlike Indian batting Pakistan bowling is not loaded with ATG's QF or SF at best I feel though hope I am proved wrong.

salman85

International Debutant
I don't need to call you a pessimist.It's obvious ;)

Pakistan has never relied on it's batting anyway.It's always been the bowling,which quite frankly,is up there with the best,if not THE best in his tournament.Plus,you don't necessarily need an all time great in your batting lineup to win a World Cup.It's all about teamwork,and right now,the team is giving out very positive signals,both on and off the field.The thing that works in Pakistan's favor,and has always worked in Pakistan's favor,is the number of match winners in the team.Afrid,Shoaib,Gul,Misbah,Razzaq..these players can single handedly win you matches with minimal support from the others.That's always been the team's strength,and this time is no different.

Last edited:

salman85

International Debutant
That's probably as signature a celebration as it gets.I don't recall any other bowler using the same celebration constantly.Lee had his ground pumping,there was Shoaib's aeroplane,Ambrose's finger spin..but not many others.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, I love Afridi's celebration. Simple and classy, yet the passion comes through.

smash84

The Tiger King
That's probably as signature a celebration as it gets.I don't recall any other bowler using the same celebration constantly.Lee had his ground pumping,there was Shoaib's aeroplane,Ambrose's finger spin..but not many others.
agreed

Howe_zat

Audio File
Might they consider batting Razzaq up the order? Frees up a bowling spot if you drop Hafeez or lets you play Shehzad as a dangerous #6/7. I agree that he's only got two gears but then you could argue so does Watson.

Of course, maybe it's too late to heavily tinker with the batting order.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Might they consider batting Razzaq up the order? Frees up a bowling spot if you drop Hafeez or lets you play Shehzad as a dangerous #6/7. I agree that he's only got two gears but then you could argue so does Watson.

Of course, maybe it's too late to heavily tinker with the batting order.
Pakistan's batting is extremely formulaic; everyone does their job and it's better than the sum of its parts. I reckon it'd go completely to the dogs if you tried to tinker with it. While they batted poorly against Canada, it's worth remembering that their batting lineup is really dire on paper. I think only Misbah averages 35+ in ODI cricket. They've been doing better than they should of late because everyone knows their role so well.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They'll need their openers to contribute at some point, presumably against the better teams.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
They'll need their openers to contribute at some point, presumably against the better teams.
Yeah, their openers need to just get them off to some sort of quick start so Younis and Misbah can then milk the middle overs. Younis and/or Misbah coming to the crease inside 15 throws everything out.

smash84

The Tiger King
Pakistan's batting is extremely formulaic; everyone does their job and it's better than the sum of its parts. I reckon it'd go completely to the dogs if you tried to tinker with it. While they batted poorly against Canada, it's worth remembering that their batting lineup is really dire on paper. I think only Misbah averages 35+ in ODI cricket. They've been doing better than they should of late because everyone knows their role so well.
Yeah, their openers need to just get them off to some sort of quick start so Younis and Misbah can then milk the middle overs. Younis and/or Misbah coming to the crease inside 15 throws everything out.
Fair points both of these

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Afridi benefits so much from UDRS.

I just wonder how much lower average and how many more wickets Kumble would have had if we had UDRS before.
He hit the pad so many times.
Would've been the same, as Kumble didn't have a ****ing clue how to use the system to his benefit.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Of course he would have.

He retired a few months after its introduction. Barely saw it really.