• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** Malaysia Tri-Series

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tim said:
The West Indies will need serious improvement if they want to compete in this series..this is pretty much the same side that lost 5-0 to NZ earlier this year.
Just spotted this. We lost 4-1 and could have won the series 3-2 had a couple of periods of play gone our way. New Zealand didn't dominate the series as much as you'd like to believe.

West Indies have now won 12 of 14 ODI results I think.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Clarke wont be playing the next game for Australia i dont think, they said before the series that only 1 player would play all the games and that would be Haddin.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
age_master said:
Clarke wont be playing the next game for Australia i dont think, they said before the series that only 1 player would play all the games and that would be Haddin.
Watson & Clarke will both have to miss out then. Will be interesting if they're still willing to rotate the players if India beat the WI and force Australia into a playoff for the final.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Lineup for the next match will be like this, I think. I'd be surprised if they left out Watson under the circumtances. Australia aren't likely to be automatically qualified for the final before the match, and bringing in Martyn and relying on Symonds to bowl 10 without even having Clarke for support is quite risky.

Katich
Hayden
Ponting
Watson
Symonds
Hussey
Haddin
Hogg
Lee
Bracken
McGrath

Pretty much our top ODI lineup, minus Gilchrist.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I've severely underestimated the WI one day side, I think.

They should win tomorrow, unless India can pull something special out.

ClownSymonds

U19 Vice-Captain
My first time at the cricket, and I get to chat with and get autographs from Brian Lara, Ricky Ponting, Glenn McGrath, Brett Lee, Chris Gayle, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Matthew Hayden, Dwayne Bravo, Corey Collymore, and Fidel Edwards. I was practically in shock standing in front of Lara. All I could think of saying was "never retire". I also retrieved Hussey's third six and cleared the hoardings with my return throw. The ball was much more roughed up than I had imagined.

Clown, Marto, and Pup are jerks. All three walked straight to the bus and paid us fans no attention whatsoever. I think I might have to change my name now. I feel a bit sorry for Marto though, because it really looks like his career is over.

The three best batsmen of the modern era, Sachin, Lara, and Ponting, are all short and normal-looking. Except for Ponting, that is - he's a bit hairy.

The kindest Aussies were Ponting, McGrath, and Hayden. They all stayed for a while, signed autographs, and let fans take pictures with them. Brian Lara, Chris Gayle, and Shivnarine Chanderpaul did the same. McGrath is huge. So is Chris Gayle.

Truly a once-in-a-lifetime experience. And the cricket wasn't bad, either.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
ClownSymonds said:
My first time at the cricket, and I get to chat with and get autographs from Brian Lara, Ricky Ponting, Glenn McGrath, Brett Lee, Chris Gayle, Shivnarine Chanderpaul, Matthew Hayden, Dwayne Bravo, Corey Collymore, and Fidel Edwards. I was practically in shock standing in front of Lara. All I could think of saying was "never retire". I also retrieved Hussey's third six and cleared the hoardings with my return throw. The ball was much more roughed up than I had imagined.

Clown, Marto, and Pup are jerks. All three walked straight to the bus and paid us fans no attention whatsoever. I think I might have to change my name now. I feel a bit sorry for Marto though, because it really looks like his career is over.

The three best batsmen of the modern era, Sachin, Lara, and Ponting, are all short and normal-looking. Except for Ponting, that is - he's a bit hairy.

The kindest Aussies were Ponting, McGrath, and Hayden. They all stayed for a while, signed autographs, and let fans take pictures with them. Brian Lara, Chris Gayle, and Shivnarine Chanderpaul did the same. McGrath is huge. So is Chris Gayle.

Did you see Sachin's hundred ?

tooextracool

International Coach
silentstriker said:
I've severely underestimated the WI one day side, I think.

They should win tomorrow, unless India can pull something special out.
The WI has a pretty strong batting card, with a perfect blend of sloggers, strokemakers and experience. Chris Gayle is probably one of the most explosive players at the top of the order in world cricket and Sarwan is probably one of the best ODI players going around ATM. The only problem with their batting,is that they continue to persist with Wavell 'can i be any more rubbish' Hinds who fails in almost every outing and along with ricardo powell has to be one of the worst players to have played 100 ODIs in international cricket.
Their current bowling however doesnt inspire too much confidence, and while Bradshaw and Gayle are decent, i cant see them taking 10 wickets on a bowler friendly wicket or restricting teams to small total and as such it will always be upto their batsmen to win games rather than the other way around. Collymore wont change that too much IMO.

adharcric

International Coach
I fail to understand why the West Indies continue to persist with Hinds when there's a superior option in Runako Morton sitting on the bench. Hinds hasn't done **** with bat or ball in the last three matches.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ClownSymonds said:

I once served Andrew Symonds when I was working at Subway, and I reckon he couldn't have been a nicer bloke. Maybe he was just having a bad day mate.

Hayden is always approachable and a great guy to talk to. When he was playing at Allan Border Field just after he broke back into the test side he came out to where the spectators were sitting and did some stretches and had a chat with anyone who wanted to talk.

The great thing about Brian Lara has always been his willingness to sign autographs and get to know the people in the crowd. Top bloke.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
tooextracool said:
The WI has a pretty strong batting card, with a perfect blend of sloggers, strokemakers and experience. Chris Gayle is probably one of the most explosive players at the top of the order in world cricket and Sarwan is probably one of the best ODI players going around ATM. The only problem with their batting,is that they continue to persist with Wavell 'can i be any more rubbish' Hinds who fails in almost every outing and along with ricardo powell has to be one of the worst players to have played 100 ODIs in international cricket.
Their current bowling however doesnt inspire too much confidence, and while Bradshaw and Gayle are decent, i cant see them taking 10 wickets on a bowler friendly wicket or restricting teams to small total and as such it will always be upto their batsmen to win games rather than the other way around. Collymore wont change that too much IMO.
Powell hasn't played an ODI for over a year, and he only played then because of the contracts dispute. Don't really know where you plucked him from.

Hinds has been disgracefully bad so far in this series, but from memory he played quite well in the last serious series WI played.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Just a quick question....what are these contracts given to players, for example a Grade A or Grade C contract. And whenever I here such things it's the BCCI giving it out.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The different balances the teams have gone for are extraordinary.

Carlton Baugh will bat at 10 for the West Indies. Agarkar will bat at 7 for India. Enough said..

Dwayne Smith opening the bowling has 2/2...