• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official** Malaysia Tri-Series

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
According to cricinfo Katich has been retained ahead of Hayden for the final.

Australia 1 Simon Katich, 2 Shane Watson, 3 Ricky Ponting (capt), 4 Michael Clarke, 5 Andrew Symonds, 6 Michael Hussey, 7 Brad Haddin (wk), 8 Brad Hogg, 9 Brett Lee, 10 Nathan Bracken, 11 Glenn McGrath

West Indies 1 Chris Gayle, 2 Shivnarine Chanderpaul, 3 Ramnaresh Sarwan, 4 Brian Lara (capt), 5 Dwayne Bravo, 6 Wavell Hinds, 7 Runako Morton, 8 Dwayne Smith, 9 Carlton Baugh (wk), 10, Ian Bradshaw, 11 Jerome Taylor

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Hopefully the top strength bowling attack will work well together, Watson retained ahead of Martyn for the final definately says hes gone for mine too

Benny2k1

U19 12th Man
In This tourny so far

Lara Averaging 77.50
Sachin Averaging 74.00

We should cherish every moment we get to watch these 2 champion performers

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricinfo preview:

"With a thigh injury depriving them of Collymore's services, West Indies' only real hope is to bat big and hope to pressure Australia's batsmen into mistakes."

I disagree entirely. What a stupid statement.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
A man who's played 2 innings and was unbeaten in one of them?
Bittttttttter. Australian rotation policy my friend, not his fault. Though Harby did have his number. :)

kwigibo

School Boy/Girl Captain
Who's got odds on Lee taking another 5 for and equalling Saqlain as the fastest to 250 ODI wickets?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
ClownSymonds said:
Why, what did he do?

And yeah, terrible decision. That was out by a mile, suicidal running, even if there was a tiny bit of doubt, look at the players' reaction and the front-on replay.
If this is the Haddin one, how can it be run out when the stumps weren't broken by the ball?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
silentstriker said:
I gotta go with the 'WTF?' on part of the umpire. Once a decision is made, it should be made.
For me it shows a better umpire if he is big enough to realise he's made a mistake and correct it.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Nnanden said:
Bittttttttter. Australian rotation policy my friend, not his fault. Though Harby did have his number. :)
Agreed. Not his fault that he doesn't deserve to be in higher regard than Sachin and Lara in this series. :p

Mr Mxyzptlk

marc71178 said:
For me it shows a better umpire if he is big enough to realise he's made a mistake and correct it.
Agreed. Especially because he's willing to look foolish in order to make the right decision.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
aussie said:
When i get home i'll have a look at the replay before i make much comments but all i'll say for now is why did Tendulkar get called back?, yes the decision was a shocker but since when can umpires do that
Since forever.

Mr Mxyzptlk

"This Law makes it quite clear that an umpire may change his decision. This would happen only in very unusual circumstances and the Law does say that alterations must be made promptly."

Hmmmm...

Fratboy

School Boy/Girl Captain
marc71178 said:
If this is the Haddin one, how can it be run out when the stumps weren't broken by the ball?
If I'm not mistaken the ball doesn't have to be in direct contact with the stumps. One must have seen keepers knock off the bails with the back of their hand. This falls into the same category I suppose.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
Since forever.
whats the point in quoting me now? and plus even if that rule has been around forever its understandable why even the biggest cricket fans wouldn't be aware of it since it hardly ever occurs.

Mr Mxyzptlk

aussie said:
whats the point in quoting me now? and plus even if that rule has been around forever its understandable why even the biggest cricket fans wouldn't be aware of it since it hardly ever occurs.
But if those fans are so hardcore, they should check the rules before criticizing an umpire for a perceived mistake.