• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Kenya in Zimbabwe

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
Zimbabwe will tour WI in April - May for 7 ODI's. Knew the ICC wanted the lesser ranked teams to play each other... :dry:

Craig

World Traveller
Chubb said:
What a prescient change of avatar!

New skipper has never played an ODI

Duffin to be named as Zimbabwe captain

Cricinfo staff

February 22, 2006

Zimbabwe are expected to name Terry Duffin as their new captain for the five ODIs against Kenya which get underway at Queens Sports Club in Bulawayo this Saturday.

The Zimbabwean team is in Harare where they are training under Kevin Curran, and the selectors are expected to name the final squad of between 15 and 16 players tomorrow morning. Curran confirmed Duffin's appointment, adding that "it does not matter that he has not played one-day international cricket."

Duffin, a 23-year-old solid opening batsman with an ability to build an innings, made his Test debut against India at Bulawayo in September last year and became the sixth Zimbabwean batsman to score a half century on debut. However, he has never played an ODI and his only meaningful experience of the limited-overs game came when he captained Zimbabwe A against Bangladesh A in five matches in March last year.

The move to appoint Duffin as captain is said to have angered some black players who feel that Zimbabwe Cricket used them, claiming that they had been promised the post following the resignation of Tatenda Taibu. One of these players who is understood to unhappy is medium-pace bowler Blessing Mahwire, who has 10 Test and seven one-day appearances to his name.

Allrounder Andy Blignaut, who was touted to take over the captaincy from Tatemda Taibu, is reportedly still in South Africa where he is playing franchise cricket for Highveld Lions on a deal was that was brokered by Zimbabwe Cricket. But, despite comments to the contrary by the board, he has made it clear that he is not willing to play until he is paid match fees for the New Zealand, India and Kenya tours in 2005.

Duffin's vice-captain will be Charles Coventry, a veteran of five ODIs which makes him one of the most experienced players in the likely squad. Kenya will be led by Steve Tikolo, who with 67 ODIs under his belt may well have played more games than the entire Zimbabwe squad combined.

© Cricinfo

Bit out of left field, this. Whilst it was likely Ham would be unavailable, I thought with Blignaut out it'd go to a black player. Terry is a bit like Javed Omar or Trevor Gripper (I promise you I put that in my sig before I read this!). He's a gritty batsman who's just a bit on the heavy side. I didn't expect him to be included in the squad because he scores very slowly but he has bags of concentration, so hopefully he'll do a good job. He's fat, he's round, it's Two Hundred Thousand Zimbucks to the pound...
If Blessing Mahwire becomes captain and becomes successfull then I will win theGiro d'Italia (Tour of Italy) and Tour de France in the one year.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
"Zimbabwe's fragile claims to international cricketing credibility suffered another blow at Harare Sports Club in front of around 500 spectators when they were bowled out by Kenya for 69 in the third of this five-match one-day series. They now have to win Friday and Saturday's back-to-back games to avoid a humiliating defeat. "

"One was left fearing for what West Indies might do to them in a little over seven weeks' time." - Cricinfo

I love it...

Langeveldt

Soutie
sirjeremy11 said:
"Zimbabwe's fragile claims to international cricketing credibility suffered another blow at Harare Sports Club in front of around 500 spectators when they were bowled out by Kenya for 69 in the third of this five-match one-day series. They now have to win Friday and Saturday's back-to-back games to avoid a humiliating defeat. "

"One was left fearing for what West Indies might do to them in a little over seven weeks' time." - Cricinfo

I love it...
Shame I can't qualify for Zimbabwe.. If you didn't have to wait for half a day to fill your car up I'd try and play some ODI's! Get a cricinfo page at least :laugh:

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
sirjeremy11 said:
"Kenya devastate Zimbabwe for 69"

I mean, they are great, but to devastate another country...
to devastate
1. To lay waste; destroy.
2. To overwhelm; confound.

Zimbabwe lost their last 6 wickets for 4 runs.

sirjeremy11

State Vice-Captain
sirjeremy11 said:
"Kenya devastate Zimbabwe for 69"

I mean, they are great, but to devastate another country...
I was referring to the rather witty reference suggesting the huge importance of a ***ual position to the Kenyans for them to devestate Zimbabwe.

Plus, I thought Mugabe was doing a good enough job of that by himself.

In it's original context, the headline is perfectly suitable.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
sirjeremy11 said:
I was referring to the rather witty reference suggesting the huge importance of a ***ual position to the Kenyans for them to devestate Zimbabwe.

Plus, I thought Mugabe was doing a good enough job of that by himself.

In it's original context, the headline is perfectly suitable.
[family forum]
to devastate
1. To lay waste; destroy.
2. To overwhelm; confound.

Zimbabwe lost their last 6 wickets for 4 runs.
[/family forum]

:dry:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
sirjeremy11 said:
I don't think so - and the ICC agrees with me : ) For a change.

A lot more of the minnows playing each other

http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc-media/content/story/238495.html

Schedule - http://www.icc-cricket.com/icc/development/associates.html
ICC said:
Ireland / The Netherlands / Scotland ODI Tri-series (d)
Love the way the ICC still haven't grasped the concept of "European Championship" (which is what that tournament has been called since 1996...)

Chubb

International Regular
Zimbabwe scored 231-9 batting first in the fourth match. Rinke's impressive start as an opener continued with 72 at just over a run a ball, Terry grafted 39, Brendan continued his good form with 40, and Elton belted 36 off 25.

In reply, Kenya are 19-1, latest score from BBC, Obuya the man gone for 5, caught by Chappie Coventry off Blessing Mahwire.