• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official Ireland in England 2020**

Bijed

International Regular
0-64 and 1 off 8 balls in the series. Ouch.
In fairness he's been pretty economical with the ball so 0-64 isn't as useless as it sounds but it's not been impressive from him. Probably wise to have left him out of the test squad, he just doesn't seem like he's back where he needs to be

BoyBrumby

Englishman
In the brown stuff here now.

It's ok to take a few balls sometimes. Especially when the team is going at six and a half.

Bijed

International Regular
Just noticed that Topley doesn't appear to be playing this one - does he have a niggle or something? I'd have assumed that we were going to replace Mahmood or Willey with Curran, so that all the pacers got at least 2 games

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That's how you dispatch the free hit; one handed pull for a Dorothy.

In a flagrant attempt at not jinxing him, I'll say Willey is going acceptably.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Just noticed that Topley doesn't appear to be playing this one - does he have a niggle or something? I'd have assumed that we were going to replace Mahmood or Willey with Curran, so that all the pacers got at least 2 games
You'd think. But they are convinced that Mahmood is the future for some reason. Topley has a lot more raw materials, as far as I see.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
And brings up his 50 in the grand manner. 50 off 38 after being on 1 from 8. Played Dave.

A wee sighter not the worst idea sometimes.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I thought I heard that Topley's injured. Maybe I imagined it.

Anyway, nice way to bring up Willey's 50.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Looks like they're not going to bat out the innings. Annoying but the couple of good partnerships we've had should be enough

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, feck.

Campher's cutter does for him.
In a l'esprit d'escalier moment I realised "Willey suffers the unkindest cutter of them all" was a much better line.

Mahmood's List A average is over 20, so no mug. Reckon we probably have enough now anyway.

Howe_zat

Audio File
It's gonna be annoying when, if England win, Morgan gets MotM even though Willey and Curran have had to get us to a good score and are presumably the ones who're going to defend it