• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Ireland in Bangladesh 2022/23

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
What's the story with this?

He lives in Melbourne. His son was in the Australia U/15s a few years ago. It's always been weird that a guy with that much experience, who's coached in a few places around the world, wasn't part of the set-up. Didn't realise he'd had a falling out with Chacha.
Yeah its just that Khaled Mahmud never let him anywhere near the national side. Its all bad politics. Few days ago, Aminul being frustrated all these years questioned about Khaled Mahmud’s ability and he is right. Aminul always looked like a calm character to me.

In an interview given to some Bangladeshi media there, Bulbul said that Sujon failed as a team director. If the cricketers are put on the fire if the performance is bad, why not Sujon? According to him, Sujon's media talks annoy the team.

Sujon, who has been serving as the team director since the last T20 World Cup, said, "My qualification... I am in BCB, I am the elected director here. The president of the board gave me the responsibility, I can't say why he gave me the responsibility. I didn't ask for it. I am not a child. I did not cry to take up this role."

"I really don't know what qualifies him to talk about me. I have a doubt about his qualifications. I have been with cricket ever since I left the game. I worked in BCB for four and a half years with a minimum salary," he added.

I always hear through you (media) that he wants to work in Bangladesh. I have a lot of experience with them. I myself offered him to work in Bangladesh. He never told me that he wanted to work. He creates such hype every time."

"Has he worked with international players? He has worked with international players only once when he worked with Abahani. Apart from this, he has worked with under-13, and under-15 boys and girls in China, Bangkok, Philippines. Where did you get international cricket there? So where is his qualification? I have played many international matches. I was also the head coach of Bangladesh," he further said.

Sujon urged Bulbul to work with Bangladeshi cricket instead of criticising from afar.

"The way he talks about Bangladesh cricket, let him come; sit with us If there is any plan to change the Bangladesh team, give it to us so that we can also make such a plan," he concluded.

Last edited:

G. S. Kohli

International Vice-Captain
Mathews Humphrey debut for ireland in 20/20 international

20 years Left hand Googly Rishad Hossain Debut for bangers

G. S. Kohli

BD who won series 2/0 other day, looks not interested much as Litton Kumar Das, Talukdar,Shanto& Shakib Dismissed in power play (6 ovs) ( Adair 2 for 10)

41/5*
Hridoy departs as well

Last edited:

G. S. Kohli

Wicket with First ball on T20I Debut by Humphreys

9.1 Humphreys to Rishad Hossain,First ball wicket!!

What a start from Matthew Humphreys. In the blockhole and Rishad Hossain swings and misses. The ball crashes onto leg stump! Rishad Hossain b Humphreys 8(7) [6s-1]

G. S. Kohli

61/7*
124 all out ( Talukdar 14, Shamim 29)

A wkt each by Hand/Campher/tector/Delany/White while Mark Adair 4/0/25/3 & Humphreys 2/0/10/2 ( Debut)

Last edited:

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like a remarkable lone-hand innings by Shamim.

No one else has scored more than 14!

_Ed_

Great win for Ireland - a welcome turnaround from the previous games.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Good Allround game and series from campher. Solid knock last game and fielded, bowled and batted as well as Ireland could have asked him to. Nice to see Stirling wind back the clock aswell.

G. S. Kohli

Very Classy innings from Legendary Paul Stirling ( 41 ball 77)who is in the list of Alltime leading Aggregates of runs scored in t20I with 3278 runs ( Kohli #1 with 4008)

Cong Ireland for 7 wkts win with 36 ball spares.

Stirling :MOTM
Taskin :POTS

Aritro

International Regular
Good stuff from Ireland, glad they turned up. They're a much better team than they've shown during this tour. Do we have any Irish posters on here?

Uppercut

Yeah. Maybe I should make that more obvious but occasionally trolls assume I’m English and it’s always entertaining.

Aritro

International Regular
Yeah its just that Khaled Mahmud never let him anywhere near the national side. Its all bad politics. Few days ago, Aminul being frustrated all these years questioned about Khaled Mahmud’s ability and he is right. Aminul always looked like a calm character to me.
Lol, that's pretty petty stuff.

G. S. Kohli

BD announced test team for only test vs Ireland

Shakib Al Hasan (Captain), Litton Das (Vice Captain), Tamim Iqbal, Shadman Islam, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mominul Haque, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taijul Islam, Taskin Ahmed, Syed Khaled Ahmed, Ebadot Hossain Chowdhury, Shoriful Islam, Mahmudul Hasan Joy