• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

pasag

RTDAS
Gibbs is playing most probably...He was seen during practice...So which 4 internationals will play then?...Symo, Gilly and probably Gibbs are sure...and given the format Afridi won't be stopped...Does that mean no Styris? And more importantly no Vaas?...That'll make the bowling even worse given the bowling form of the likes of Symonds...Dropping Vaas will be a mistake...But who should be dropped to include him?
Symonds isn't out of bowling form, he's just a useless bowler in T20s. See the T20 championships for further proof.

slugger

State Vice-Captain
cool thanks.. i did a quick count of findians in each team, i dont think its possible for any team to have a playing 11 of all indians, so it seems 4 internaytionals outside Indian Int. will always play. I hope Fleming gets a chance Chennai Super Kings before its all over..

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Malinga injured and has been withdrawn for Bravo. Rahane is an opening batsmen so as long as Ronchi or Loots play he probably wont get a game. Ronchi does have a s/r near 200 in Twenty20, average only 20 odd. But he is probably more of an explosive batsmen if he comes off. They got plenty of issues with their side with injuries and poor quality overseas players and back up Indian bowlers/all rounders. At full strength they would be pretty decent back they have no back up internationally or locally.
That's bad luck...any1 between Dilhara and Malinga would have strengthened the balance a lot

If that's the case then it's bad decision. If you don't have quality middle-order batsmen then you should play your openers as no. 3, 4 or even lower...Does that mean when Sachin comes back all of Loots, Rahane and Ronchi are dropped for some mediocre middle-order batsmen...you have to start playing them in the middle-order at some point of time...even Uthappa was an opener...If some1 never dropped him down how could we know that he isn't bad there as well?

Ya that's where they're suffering...most of the back-ups are below-par

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Symonds isn't out of bowling form, he's just a useless bowler in T20s. See the T20 championships for further proof.
Agreed...that was a sugarcoated post written for defending myself from some of the die-hard Symo fans here :)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
cool thanks.. i did a quick count of findians in each team, i dont think its possible for any team to have a playing 11 of all indians, so it seems 4 internaytionals outside Indian Int. will always play. I hope Fleming gets a chance Chennai Super Kings before its all over..
He'll get a chance when Hayden and Hussey goes back for Windies tour.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
That's bad luck...any1 between Dilhara and Malinga would have strengthened the balance a lot

If that's the case then it's bad decision. If you don't have quality middle-order batters then you should play your openers as no. 3, 4 or even lower...Does that mean when Sachin comes back all of Loots, Rahane and Ronchi are dropped for middle-order batsmen...you have to start playing them in the middle-order at some point of time...even Uthappa was an opener...If some1 never dropped him down how could we know that he isn't bad there as well?

Ya that's where they're suffering...most of the back-ups are below-par
Rahane non selection has more to do with the lack of bowling options then his likely position. They just feel that with Loots and Ronchi they are strong enough at the top, but need an extra bowling option in those crap all rounders they are playing. Once Sachin comes back he will give them another bowling option, so they can play Ronchi or Loots at 3 or 4. The fact that these guys are main international options says a fair bit about their squad. Yeah if Malinga and Dilhara were fit they wouldn't make the side. But still when you consider some sides have the likes of Fleming, Ntini, Gibbs and Vettori off the bench. These guys made some very poor selections.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Looking forward to the match tonight. Hope my chosens, Rajas, can get up. Watsonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

biased indian

International Coach
Did any one in india notice that sunny and Ravi is commentating for sony...in fact its being reported that they have parted ways with Espn star on insistence of BCCI and will now be commenting on sony and neo sports and will be give more responsibilities in BCCI ...

this when Sunny has been asked by ICC to leave one of his responsibility :)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
or if either of them start playing like crap... not likely i suspect.. :dry:
What they have done in the last 2 matches, for them to be dropped they'll have to make 2 in 12 balls in all the coming matches...which won't be easy for them even if they try :)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Rahane non selection has more to do with the lack of bowling options then his likely position. They just feel that with Loots and Ronchi they are strong enough at the top, but need an extra bowling option in those crap all rounders they are playing. Once Sachin comes back he will give them another bowling option, so they can play Ronchi or Loots at 3 or 4. The fact that these guys are main international options says a fair bit about their squad. Yeah if Malinga and Dilhara were fit they wouldn't make the side. But still when you consider some sides have the likes of Fleming, Ntini, Gibbs and Vettori off the bench. These guys made some very poor selections.
So true...even then when Sachin, Sanath, Loots and Uthappa plays at the top and Pollock, Dilhara and Bhajji takes charge of bowling they're capable of beating most of the sides

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
So true...even then when Sachin, Sanath, Loots and Uthappa plays at the top and Pollock, Dilhara and Bhajji takes charge of bowling they're capable of beating most of the sides
Bravo would play ahead of Loots. Loots is a waste of space, regardless of how good his domestic record is.

ret

International Debutant
a nice game is on the cards w/ Chargers looking for their first win and Royals looking to get one more under their belt

for Royals, i would recommend Smith, Watson, Warne and Tanvir/Lehmann as the overseas players

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Has Gayle come yet?...Wonder which two are gonna open for knight riders between he, Mcculum and Saurav when he comes given that Saurav is the captain...