• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2024

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I think that's bonkers. He's the best #3 in the world at the moment. T20 world cups are generally lower scoring too so guys like him are valuable.
Ehh, he's coming off a fantastic PSL but in the past 2 years (only 9 games tbf) he's averaged 20 for SA and struck at 118. Not really demanding a spot with those type of numbers.

SA's lineup for the WC off the top of my head (assuming they stick with the bowling allrounder at 7 model) is probably
1.Reeza
2.Quinny
4.Makram
5.Miller/Stubbs
6.Klassan
7.Jansen

The number 3 spot seems open, so maybe they play rassie, but they could also play brezkette or move the middle order up one spot to accomodate stubbs.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ehh, he's coming off a fantastic PSL but in the past 2 years (only 9 games tbf) he's averaged 20 for SA and struck at 118. Not really demanding a spot with those type of numbers.

SA's lineup for the WC off the top of my head (assuming they stick with the bowling allrounder at 7 model) is probably
1.Reeza
2.Quinny
4.Makram
5.Miller/Stubbs
6.Klassan
7.Jansen

The number 3 spot seems open, so maybe they play rassie, but they could also play brezkette or move the middle order up one spot to accomodate stubbs.
Had a good SA20 too, didn't he? And a fantastic ODI WC too. I wouldn't put much stock in those 9 games at all. Think he should have that #3 spot locked down.

Socerer 01

International Captain
He's an extremely one-dimensional batsman with extremely limited strike zones. The T20 game has evolved past him.
he had his niche as a spin basher in the past, he was one of the best at it and was great at hitting traditional yorkers with his deep in the crease, swat bat style of Dhoni school batting

no idea why he moved away from that to doing the traditional accumulate and then accelerate **** that literally everyone else in India does

Socerer 01

International Captain
Delhi are idiots. Brings in uncapped Indian player who has t20s strike rate of 114. They could've easily subbed nortje with inform and ultra aggressive fraser-mcgurk and unleashed him in power play. That was their only chance of winning now they've all but lost this game.
no they couldnt, you cant sub in an overseas player when you already name 4 in the starting xi

who let the **** Andy back in the house

Socerer 01

International Captain
Kohli’s 100 and the comms jizzing over it reminds me of that jamodi series England had in Australia in 2018. Finch would walk out, score a hard fought 100 with the comms praising how industrious and impactful it was for the dude to make a big score when the rest didnt stand up

England would then come out and bosh their way to a win in style ruthlessly exposing how outdated it was