• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL 2024

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
I watched it, and they basically sucked at hitting outside of a few moments. I didn't get the sense any of them wanted to be even more aggressive, which is the big issue here given the teams in general. T20s isn't a format where you let the bowlers dictate terms, the batters have so much in their favour to dictate the contest which we didn't see from RCB. That does mean Kohli is part of the problem as well, like others have explained.
I agree with the first sentence, FYI. I just don't see how you can jump from "they sucked at hitting" to "I didn't sense any of them wanting to be more aggressive." Once Kohli got his century he was either walking 2 steps down the wicket or walking 3 steps across his crease either direction to create boundary oppurtunities. All 3 balls maxwell faced he tried slogging. Once RCB had a platform faf was trying to slog. All 6 balls green faced he either swung and missed or hit the ball as hard as he could to the edge of the rope. There was clear issues with how RCB played that back end (kohli slowing down for his 100, Green going in ahead of DK despite DK striking at 200 + at the death this season) and there's broader issues related to the batting (their best bat outside of kohli and DK has been faf, who's averaging 20 @130), but whatever point your trying to make is completely off the mark. RCB didn't "let the bowlers dictate terms" in the back half.