• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

************Official IPL 2020******

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
he is here now but Curran is just amazing. And so is MSD's captaincy. If anyone still has doubts he is EASILY the best captain in the IPL they should leave it now.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I would go as far as to say one of the greatest ever LO captains EASILY. And best captain I have seen in these formats.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
How did Patt0 bowl? Speeds? Accuracy?

Just going by the commentary he looked to bowl a few slower balls, not nessecarily something I am used to from him, but probably not such a bad idea on what are likely to be sluggish decks

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Just thinking to myself over the last day or so, if the pitches do dry up significantly as the tournament goes on is there a case for say a KKR batting Russell in the top order rather than as a finisher or even in the last ten overs. Batting second dew might have an effect, but batting first you'd presume the best time to bat is when the ball is new - arguably the best chance for him to strike and if he stays in he has his eye in on a slow, low pitch rather then kind of just giving him five or so overs and expecting him to hit it from ball one.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Just thinking to myself over the last day or so, if the pitches do dry up significantly as the tournament goes on is there a case for say a KKR batting Russell in the top order rather than as a finisher or even in the last ten overs. Batting second dew might have an effect, but batting first you'd presume the best time to bat is when the ball is new - arguably the best chance for him to strike and if he stays in he has his eye in on a slow, low pitch rather then kind of just giving him five or so overs and expecting him to hit it from ball one.
whatever they do they can't treat him worse than the Tallawahs did in the CPL

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
whatever they do they can't treat him worse than the Tallawahs did in the CPL
Sadly true, was actually optimistic going into the competition too thinking we lacked a bit in terms of pace bowling but if Walton and Asif Ali could have a good competition we had decent batting, heroics of Russell and two match-winning spinners