• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Intercontinental Cup Thread

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The ICC World Cricket League (WCL) Division 2 has just finished - with the qualifiers to the Intercontinental Cup 2015-17 being Namibia and Netherlands. Nepal missed out after being thumped by Kenya and with the Dutch tearing Uganda a new one on the last day.

Namibia were clear winners.

So, the Intercontinental Cup 2015-17 will be contested by:

Ireland
Afghanistan
UAE
PNG
Hong Kong
Scotland
Namibia
Netherlands

There will be a number of 4 day games played over the 2 years with supposedly a 4 Test series between the winner and the lowest ranked Test nation in 2017. This is a major change and boost to the Intercontinental Cup. Can't wait for this to start. Ireland have won 4 times, but I think they've deteriorated slightly of late. Namibia are improving all the time with their exposure to 2nd Tier South African first class cricket. Yes, they tend to get smashed in those game - but they tend to be without their best players (particularly Craig Williams and Gerrie Snyman) for those matches. I'll try and follow this as much as possible. No idea of a fixture list yet, but hopefully that'll be out soon. Hopefully there'll be coverage on You Tube - hoping to get a look at some of the Namibian guys in particular (Williams took 6-37 against Canada and he - along with Snyman - is easily their best bat)

brockley

International Captain
They will also take part in the Pepsi Cup addition in One Dayers as well.Altho there will be no qualification for the 2019 World Cup,but those 8 sides could help decide who will play the Qualifier to the World cup in Bangladesh,which includes Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
The ICC World Cricket League (WCL) Division 2 has just finished - with the qualifiers to the Intercontinental Cup 2015-17 being Namibia and Netherlands. Nepal missed out after being thumped by Kenya and with the Dutch tearing Uganda a new one on the last day.

Namibia were clear winners.

So, the Intercontinental Cup 2015-17 will be contested by:

Ireland
Afghanistan
UAE
PNG
Hong Kong
Scotland
Namibia
Netherlands

There will be a number of 4 day games played over the 2 years with supposedly a 4 Test series between the winner and the lowest ranked Test nation in 2017. This is a major change and boost to the Intercontinental Cup. Can't wait for this to start. Ireland have won 4 times, but I think they've deteriorated slightly of late. Namibia are improving all the time with their exposure to 2nd Tier South African first class cricket. Yes, they tend to get smashed in those game - but they tend to be without their best players (particularly Craig Williams and Gerrie Snyman) for those matches. I'll try and follow this as much as possible. No idea of a fixture list yet, but hopefully that'll be out soon. Hopefully there'll be coverage on You Tube - hoping to get a look at some of the Namibian guys in particular (Williams took 6-37 against Canada and he - along with Snyman - is easily their best bat)
I played with Craig and know him relatively well. He is a really positive 'energy' guy. Destructive batsman on his day. He can smash it and has an amazing eye though he doesnt have 'Test' level technique which would be a fair reason why he is playing for Namibia and not Titans and South Africa. To use the same phrase, his bowling is energetic - A medium pacer with variations and a good quicker ball. His batting is definitely his stronger suite. Good cricketer and nice lad.

HeathDavisSpeed

Has anyone seen a fixture list for the next associate tournaments yet? I heard a vague rumour of another associates tournament being held in NZ at some point in the future - is that true?

Rotkohl

Cricket Spectator
Dates for ICC Intercontinental Cup first round fixtures:

10-13 May – Namibia v Hong Kong, Wanderers
Match Referee: Dev Govindjee (South Africa), Umpires: Andrew Wynand Louw (Namibia) and Adrian Holdstock (South Africa)
2-5 June – Ireland v UAE, Malahide
2-5 June – Scotland v Afghanistan, Stirling
16-19 June – Netherlands v Papua New Guinea, Amsterdam

Dates for Pepsi ICC World Cricket League Championship first round fixtures:

15 May – Namibia v Hong Kong, Wanderers
17 May - Namibia v Hong Kong, Wanderers
22 June - Netherlands v Papua New Guinea, Amsterdam
24 June - Netherlands v Papua New Guinea, Amsterdam
25 June – Kenya v UAE, tbc
27 June – Kenya v UAE, tbc
25 July – Scotland v Nepal, tbc
27 July - Scotland v Nepal, tbc
Pathway to Test cricket to begin for Associate Members in ICC Intercontinental Cup 2015-17 - ICC Cricket

Here is the namibian squad

And AZH had posted the HK squad elsewhere

HeathDavisSpeed

No Craig Williams in the Namibia Intercontinental Cup squad. Is he injured or has he retired from first class? I see he's in the WCL squad.

Rotkohl

Cricket Spectator
I wonder why are they playing the warm up at the rose bowl when they could have played in scotland! The UAE squad has been announced and Tauqir and khurram khan will play on, I'm loving this. I had assumed that tauqir would be retiring and khurram had earlier announced that he was thinking of calling it a day

The UAE have announced their squad for the Intercontinental Cup cricket fixture in Ireland. | The National

Khurram will probably take hoggy's record of being the oldest international T20 cricketer, and join the 44+ club in ODIs... but still nowhere near Nolan Clarke!!

Le Mac

Banned
No Craig Williams in the Namibia Intercontinental Cup squad. Is he injured or has he retired from first class? I see he's in the WCL squad.
Not injured. He has simply decided to give up his ill-conceived cricket venture and return to what he does best - riding winners in the big Group 1 races around the country.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Kinda bizarre how Kenya and Nepal wound u promoted back in the WCL division 1. Oh well, di anyone else notice the sleight of hand the ICC by usung the phrase 'path to test status' rather than full membership?

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Namibia scoring at a good rate. 113/2 at lunch.

Anyone knows any link for live scorecard or anything? CI not up to date.

Last edited:

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Scholtz stranded alone and missed out on a century. A target of around 220 by Namibia from this position should be good enough. Read that the pitch is lively with pace and bounce.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Stiff task for HK to survive the full day tomorrow. Thought Namibia should have batted with more aggression esp Pitcher. Exciting day of play coming up.