• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IndianOil Cup in Sri Lanka

dinu23

International Debutant
JASON said:
I think we need Dinu to explain this one !

We tend to have long names which incorporate family names, grand parnts names area name all incorporated into the initials or the longer version as in the case of Vaas.

In this instance , I think they have resorted to referring to this guy as LHD Dilhara to avoid confusion with Fernando , I suppose !

Dinu .... help ... :p
ok guys! I think I know whats going on here. I'll try to explain the best I can.
this is our mans' full name: Loku Hettige Danushka Dilhara
Loku Hettige is his surname. so people normally calls him Mr.Dilhara Lokuhettige
it would have made sense if cricinfo called him D. Lokuhettige.
but for some unknown reason they chose to call him LHD Dilhara. (another mystery of
cricinfo :D )
so in the end both Dilhara Lokuhettige and LHD Dilhara is the same person. :)

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
One for one. Irfan gets one back in, while Morton was stuck in the crease with an angled front leg.

Rosh

School Boy/Girl Captain
35.6 Jermaine Lawson to MS Dhoni
Dhoni pulls that over the backward square leg boundary for six runs. What a finish! India beat West Indies by 6 wickets.6 Runs Scored. Total Score: 180 / 4

:notworthy

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Arjun said:
He is in the team for big scores, and he won't get too many by attempting sixes and fours off nearly every ball. The team has Irfan Pathan for the same
No, Pathan is a bowler,.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
dinu23 said:
ok guys! I think I know whats going on here. I'll try to explain the best I can.
this is our mans' full name: Loku Hettige Danushka Dilhara
Loku Hettige is his surname. so people normally calls him Mr.Dilhara Lokuhettige
it would have made sense if cricinfo called him D. Lokuhettige.
but for some unknown reason they chose to call him LHD Dilhara. (another mystery of
cricinfo :D )
so in the end both Dilhara Lokuhettige and LHD Dilhara is the same person. :)

Cheers (I think!)

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
wonder how long will it take the WI selectors to realise that ricardo powell is not good enough?
knowing the windies selectors, i'd say never.....

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
JASON said:
The most puzzling thing for me is why Lakshmipathy Balaji was held back for this game by India, when they must have known that this pitch favours Seamers more and he probably would have been a better wicket taking option compared to Nehra !
I'd choose Balaji ahead of Nehra every time, no matter what the pitch. Unless Nehra has improved ten fold (granted I haven't seen Indian cricket for a while now, since nothing has been shown recently in Australia) I can't see him actually being one of the 3 best Indian seamers we've got. If he is, then damn we're in trouble.

Good win for India, Dravid playing a good knock again. I'm hoping for Sehwag to get in some form though, for India and my Fantasy Cricket Team :p Still, 10th position ain't too bad so far.

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
Jono said:
I'd choose Balaji ahead of Nehra every time, no matter what the pitch. Unless Nehra has improved ten fold (granted I haven't seen Indian cricket for a while now, since nothing has been shown recently in Australia) I can't see him actually being one of the 3 best Indian seamers we've got. If he is, then damn we're in trouble.

Good win for India, Dravid playing a good knock again. I'm hoping for Sehwag to get in some form though, for India and my Fantasy Cricket Team :p Still, 10th position ain't too bad so far.
I think Nehra's a very underestimated bowler. The problem with him is his fitness. The only time in his career where he was fully fit was during the last World Cup and he was just superb bowling consistently in the 140's. IMO Balaji, though he had shown in the home test series against Pakistan that he can be a lethal fast bowler, is not suited for ODIs and performs at his best in the longer version of the game.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
shoot_me said:
I think Nehra's a very underestimated bowler. The problem with him is his fitness. The only time in his career where he was fully fit was during the last World Cup and he was just superb bowling consistently in the 140's.
Don't read anything into the speeds from that World Cup.

Several bowlers were clocked 10 ks more than they've ever done before.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
shoot_me said:
I think Nehra's a very underestimated bowler. The problem with him is his fitness. The only time in his career where he was fully fit was during the last World Cup and he was just superb bowling consistently in the 140's. IMO Balaji, though he had shown in the home test series against Pakistan that he can be a lethal fast bowler, is not suited for ODIs and performs at his best in the longer version of the game.
That World Cup totally overblew every fast bowler's speed. Nehra looked awesome when he bowled against England in the day/nighter because the ball was swinging madly due to the conditions. The same goes for Anderson when England played Pakistan in a day nighter and bowled at night.

Really, when the crunch came, how did he bowl? He got slaughtered against Pakistan, against Australia, and hasn't done anything since the World Cup. Part of it is fitness, part of it is he is just not good enough. Added to the fact he can't bat or field for his life, it just makes his spot that much more of a liability. If he is only there to bowl well, he better start doing it.

wsc

Cricket Spectator
Jono said:
That World Cup totally overblew every fast bowler's speed. Nehra looked awesome when he bowled against England in the day/nighter because the ball was swinging madly due to the conditions. The same goes for Anderson when England played Pakistan in a day nighter and bowled at night.

Really, when the crunch came, how did he bowl? He got slaughtered against Pakistan, against Australia, and hasn't done anything since the World Cup. Part of it is fitness, part of it is he is just not good enough. Added to the fact he can't bat or field for his life, it just makes his spot that much more of a liability. If he is only there to bowl well, he better start doing it.
so you dont think that 19 overs 2-56 on seamers graveyards is bowling well?
lets wait to see if he screw up in this tourney b4 dropping him.

i think hes the only bowler in india who can demolish a team

Steulen

International Regular
marc71178 said:
Don't read anything into the speeds from that World Cup.

Several bowlers were clocked 10 ks more than they've ever done before.
Everywhere or just in the Highveldt places?

I can imagine bowler speeds are increassed by quite a bit in Jo'burg compared to Cape Town, for instance, due to the elevation.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Game on! Debutant Upul Tharanga lbw to another debutant, Deighton Butler, in his second over. Jayasuriya's not playing, Atapattu and Sangakkara at the crease, score 12 for 1. Come on Lawson!