• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IndianOil Cup in Sri Lanka

Rosh

School Boy/Girl Captain
Was checking out the live score of today's match in indiatimes.com
Bowling Team : West Indies
Bowlers Overs Mdns Runs Wkts Nb Wb R.R
[B]Deighton Butler 11.0 2 25 1 2 1 2.27 [/B] Dwayne Smith 6.0 1 29 0 0 0 4.83
Jermaine Lawson 5.0 1 23 0 0 1 4.6
Narsingh Deonarine 7.2 0 41 0 0 1 5.59
Ricardo Powell 1.0 0 10 0 0 0 10
Tino Best 6.0 1 15 0 0 0 2.5

Butler bowled 11 overs? is it true?

Rosh

School Boy/Girl Captain
Was a mistake by the site. correction done.

Deighton Butler 10.0 2 25 1 2 1 2.5
Dwayne Smith 7.0 1 29 0 0 0 4.14
Jermaine Lawson 6.0 1 32 0 0 1 5.33
Narsingh Deonarine 8.1 0 42 1 0 1 5.14

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Interesting match, Sri Lanka with no tonking at all of yet.

Ramdin is a star. I told you he`d make it... I told you allllllllllllllllllll.

rahuldc

Cricket Spectator
It was wrong. Trust Cricinfo for your stat...always Cricinfo!!

Rosh said:
Was checking out the live score of today's match in indiatimes.com
[B]Deighton Butler 11.0 2 25 1 2 1 2.27 [/B] Dwayne Smith 6.0 1 29 0 0 0 4.83
Jermaine Lawson 5.0 1 23 0 0 1 4.6
Narsingh Deonarine 7.2 0 41 0 0 1 5.59

Butler bowled 11 overs? is it true?

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
Jono said:
Really, when the crunch came, how did he bowl? He got slaughtered against Pakistan, against Australia, and hasn't done anything since the World Cup. Part of it is fitness, part of it is he is just not good enough. Added to the fact he can't bat or field for his life, it just makes his spot that much more of a liability. If he is only there to bowl well, he better start doing it.
ok ya u're definitely right abt his batting abilities. india probably have the worst number 11 in international cricket. I still feel it might be better to stick with Nehra since this pace trio has done so well together. But who knows, everyone plays at their best when they're trying to make a comeback into the team, so if given the chance, Balaji might perform too. But for the long run, Nehra would be the better choice in one-dayers because IMO Balaji has shown the qualities for being a great test bowler.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
shoot_me said:
I think Nehra's a very underestimated bowler. The problem with him is his fitness. The only time in his career where he was fully fit was during the last World Cup and he was just superb bowling consistently in the 140's. IMO Balaji, though he had shown in the home test series against Pakistan that he can be a lethal fast bowler, is not suited for ODIs and performs at his best in the longer version of the game.
Nehra is a fine bowler with very little brains.

Unfortunately what seems to affect his detractors is his total lack of, rather his negative personal "charisma". He is everyone's favourite punching bag and the beauty of the whole thing is if you hurl abuses at Nehra, chances are that you will hear others in the group either agreeing with you or disagreeing to the extent that you weren't abusive enough.He has to be the most vilified cricketer in India and its not because he has the worst skills.

Having said that, I still feel some one with so little grey matter has no business playing in the longer version of the game at least.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I am not sure about what Nehra brings to the side.. I would have preferred Agarkar... He is not as bad in ODIs as he is made out to be and I think his fielding in the deep and hitting is being missed here.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Nehra has been injured/played through pain almost all his career. I hear Yuvraj singh say recently that the guy is one of the most under rated cricketers. Nehra is a good bowler but any one playing with not perfectly fit will look pathetic.

Agarkar has been given too many chances. I would not have him in my 2007 squad and do not want him any where near the Indian one day squad in the future.

I think this is the last chance for Nehra as well and it is about time he delivers. Else it will be very tough for him to get a look in in the future.

Steulen

International Regular
15 off 40 balls...not really what you'd expect from a good opening batsman against the second string Sri Lankan attack. If he doesn't accelerate soon it'll be a dud innings.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
India doing well with the return of Ganguly to the top of the order.

This pitch at Dambulla is not conducive to lusty hitting as in other subcontinental pitches, so cricket may not be attractive - It requires a few individuals in a team to build a solid innings and Ganguly IMO is doing just that !!