• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Indian Premier League 2018

Athlai

Not Terrible
I mean, I can appreciate that hes trying very hard to explain his reasoning and all that. But why? This all could have been said without the big song and dance about it in a one or two line statement. It's been an oddly personal affair.

cnerd123

likes this
GG is a popular Indian cricketer. It's a difficult relationship with media and fans. You non-Indians wouldn't understand the kind of #Pressure he was under.

Borges

International Regular
This all could have been said without the big song and dance about it in a one or two line statement.
It is not even as if this is unprecedented move. VVS ten tears ago, Ponting five years back ... stepped down quietly, and no one was in the dark about why they decided to step down.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Except GG isn't captaining his country, hes captaining a franchise cricket team?

I heard he also said he didn't want to be paid? WTF. It's a ****ing franchise. Take the money.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's also one of those over-the-top nationalist types.

But you've got to respect him for stepping down. That AC/blinds story is a bit weird though.

vcs

I don't think Sehwag is an idiot. He's got an innocent sort of sense of humour IMO. Sure, he takes a lot of digs at Pakistan and other countries, but I can't detect any malice in anything he says.

Daemon

Lol Gambhir dropped from the side immediately by 23 year old Iyer. His replacement did a pretty good job as well.

Niall

International Coach
He's also one of those over-the-top nationalist types.

But you've got to respect him for stepping down. That AC/blinds story is a bit weird though.
Gambhir was a beast back in the day and Shane Warne dislikes him so can't be a bad lad.

Does anyone remember in 2011 England tour, dip**** England commentators complaining he was hiding when he had a concussion and was not batting? Even though India were ****ed at that stage?

OverratedSanity

Gambhir was a beast back in the day and Shane Warne dislikes him so can't be a bad lad.

Does anyone remember in 2011 England tour, dip**** England commentators complaining he was hiding when he had a concussion and was not batting? Even though India were ****ed at that stage?
It was mainly Warne I think. Was abysmal commentary.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
A Sehwag type idiot is much more entertaining though.
I don't think Sehwag is an idiot. He's got an innocent sort of sense of humour IMO. Sure, he takes a lot of digs at Pakistan and other countries, but I can't detect any malice in anything he says.
Sehwag's a legend as a person. Most people just can't handle his bantz.
Nah some things he did on twitter aren't acceptable. Making fun of a lady who lost her father in a war, and giving a non-communal lynching a communal color - aren't things to be proud of. Both times he apologized later - that's why I think he's a gullible idiot, influenced by wrong persons. I'm sure he's good at heart.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bowled'em. First ball to Lynn, Maxwell has him chopping on.
Narine is strong v spin, but Lynn isn't as strong
:laugh:

I love the Overrated Brother being outscored by a West Indian chucker who used to bat nine or ten.

Daemon

BBL standard must be shocking if these are their best. Might be a lower standard than the 100 ball laugh even.

Zinzan

BBL standard must be shocking if these are their best. Might be a lower standard than the 100 ball laugh even.
Meanwhile the Burger King Super Smash must be where it's at with two Kiwis occupying the purple and orange hats this week :D

Shri

Mr. Glass
Haha, Shaw, wag. Has even copied the post dismissal hunch from Sachin.:laugh:

Get this boy into the Indian XI asap.