• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Indian Premier League 2010

Sir Alex

Banned
Head hurts.
Oops. A key word missed "wider".

What I meant was that from IPL's pov, they just need more eyeballs outside India. Given a choice between a pay TV who offers slightly better $$ and a FTA who offers less $$ but assures far more audience, defineltely Modi would go for the latter and his decision here is vindicated.

Sir Alex

Banned
Is it me or the commentary is just unbearable????

I can stand Bishop and Ravi Shastri, hes a decent commentator but the likes of Russell Arnold, Harsha, Robin Jackman and the others are just a pain to listen to.

Where is David Llyod, Ian chappell and holding when you need them?

atleast ramiz isnt present this time around...
Harsha is rpetty good s long as he does not talk cricket.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Harsha is rpetty good s long as he does not talk cricket.
The lure of the moolah in broadcasting took away one of our better cricket writers. Harsha should have stuck to writing about the game. He is much much better at it.

Jungle Jumbo

International Vice-Captain
Would prefer the IPL coverage with no commentary, just the atmosphere tbh, more so than with any other form of the game. It seems to be so dumbed down to suit the mass audience, with one commentator often asking the other some inane question to provoke a very basic discussion.

Mind you, it puts the ITV studio coverage to shame. An anchor who has no idea about cricket, an token Indian woman who both speaks poor English (not her fault, but why did they put her on there?), plus two ex-pros with little or no experience of acting as pundits. Worse still, no-one has done any research into the IPL - they just ignore the non-big names and have no idea about the Indians at all. There was widespread surprise when Pandey started teeing off the other day, as if no-one had realised he's already lashed a ton last year.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
What should be KKR's playing XI when Gayle comes? I guess this:

Manoj Tiwary
Chris Gayle
Saurav Ganguly
Brad Hodge
Angelo Matthews
Cheteshwar Pujara
Wriddhiman Saha
Laxmi Ratan Shukla
Murali Kartik
Shane Bond
Ishant Sharma

Sir Alex

Banned
Ladda was unlucky there. But what intent from Sachin! He outside edged one and the next just repeated the stroke this time to perfection!

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sachin's batting is a joy to watch, but I felt bad for Ladda there. He had him completely outfoxed. Of course, Sachin comes out and plays the perfect shot on the next ball.

Sir Alex

Banned
Well played Sachinda.. 50 in just 8 overs. Awesome opportunity to hit a 100.

BTW I think this is the fastest 50 by Tendulkar in his career so far?