• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
Yuvraj? I've never been that impressed by him in test cricket. What about Kaif?
Yuvraj hasn't really done that much wrong in the few Tests he's played. He didn't do well in two Tests against Australia, but still averages 37.75 from the six Tests he's played, and scored a century and a fifty in the last series against Pakistan. Kaif too hasn't played much, and only averages 24.5 in the seven Tests he's played.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Both are in cracking form this domestic season and the reason Yuvi got in ahead of Kaif was because he made more 100s, which is what you want from a middle order bat.

But I think India have to play out of their skins to even save this match. Ever since 2001 and that BG trophy, India have generally been on the up as a test team, the odd trough notwithstanding, but this series could well take them back down. Wake up, India and for once, live up to the favourites tag.

PAKMAN

State 12th Man
heres a funny commentary quote from to day

when sanjay said the windies use to have the three w's (hav no idea who they were)
and here we have the two y's dominating

and aamir sohail said and the indians would be thinking y?

that was so funny at the time i cudnt stop laafin :D

Duncan

U19 Debutant
Wow... Pakistan outplayed India today by a huge margin. So much for India's great spinning attack. They really should go on and score 500+.

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
And Sourav is moving towards the end of his career, FAST.....and his captaincy today was pathetic.
When it's up to the point where you have more faith in a debutant than in the captain, something's wrong. He's been the weakest link in the team for some time now- whether it's batting, fielding, or bowling. If he really and truly cares about Indian cricket, he will quit with the last bit of respect he has left and stop drawing hatred towards himself and losing this match would be the death sentence for him.

Today was very surprising since everyone was convinced that the pitch was pretty much dead for medium pacers. But the two wickets India were able to grab were taken by Balaji and Pathan, none went to the "great spin twins".

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The Indians can strike back by placing six fielders in catching positions and the spinners can extract a few edges or just bowl straight. One bowler must take up the task and go for six wickets. There's no point trying to defend at this stage. Cut out all the singles.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
shoot_me said:
When it's up to the point where you have more faith in a debutant than in the captain, something's wrong. He's been the weakest link in the team for some time now- whether it's batting, fielding, or bowling. If he really and truly cares about Indian cricket, he will quit with the last bit of respect he has left and stop drawing hatred towards himself and losing this match would be the death sentence for him.
Let More and his group make that move, at least for the coming ODI series.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Sidhu- "Kumble must bowl straight, with a tighter leash and over the wicket- he has the best chance of getting a wicket"

Duncan

U19 Debutant
PAKMAN said:
heres a funny commentary quote from to day

when sanjay said the windies use to have the three w's (hav no idea who they were)
and here we have the two y's dominating

and aamir sohail said and the indians would be thinking y?

that was so funny at the time i cudnt stop laafin :D
That is pretty funny...
:D :D

As for what Sanjay said.. all I can think of is Walsh.

dmz241

Cricket Spectator
This board looks like pretty much and indian board

So I figured I enter the chat as I am Pakistani. I myself underestimated the my team in the tests but had hoped that we will pull somthing off. A single moment can inspire a team to do great things. I saw this in baseball where boston came back to beat the yankees. And the first test with the play of Razzaq and Akmal has greatly inspired the **** team. I am not saying that pakistan is going to go win the test series but it now has a chance. Our current match and partenership if stands we can put forth a good total and be in the position to win the match.....

V Reddy

International Debutant
Sehwag309 said:
Poor players have to pay for the Media's hype

But this side is really the weakest Pakistani team to enter the land of India and the fact that we are struggling against them with one of our best teams gives the reason to our one on one record against Pakistan be it in tests or onedayers.

I for one don't pity the players at all especially if they are ones who added to the hype by terming themselves as no.2 and so on. Infact like all sportsmen they should get some real stick as well if they indeed do lose to Pak consider that they earn more than the champs like Aussies. When they are able to earn so much from the game then they are responsible for the public as well for their performances on the field. Personally i am fed up of all this hoopla before a series that we are a top-3 team and so on and then it turning to be an anti-climax. Let the win damn series abroad before the Indian people even think of the Indian team as top-5 and there are only 8 quality team out there.

dmz241

Cricket Spectator
hmm last post

I didnt curese any where and where we see ***** I said P-a-k-i I dont know why it came out like that

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
V Reddy said:
But this side is really the weakest Pakistani team to enter the land of India and the fact that we are struggling against them with one of our best teams gives the reason to our one on one record against Pakistan be it in tests or onedayers.

I for one don't pity the players at all especially if they are ones who added to the hype by terming themselves as no.2 and so on. Infact like all sportsmen they should get some real stick as well if they indeed do lose to Pak consider that they earn more than the champs like Aussies. When they are able to earn so much from the game then they are responsible for the public as well for their performances on the field. Personally i am fed up of all this hoopla before a series that we are a top-3 team and so on and then it turning to be an anti-climax. Let the win damn series abroad before the Indian people even think of the Indian team as top-5 and there are only 8 quality team out there.
They need more than a few changes in strategy and selection if they have to win series abroad.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
dmz241 said:
I didnt curese any where and where we see ***** I said P-a-k-i I dont know why it came out like that
That expression's outlawed here- since the India/Pakistan series last year.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Well Played Pakistan. 3rd day is also going to be good for batting, I look forward to see a 500+ score for Pakistan in the first innings.

Beleg

International Regular
The three W's was a reference to the three great WI batters of the fifties, 'Worrell, Weekes, Walcott'.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Sanz said:
Well Played Pakistan. 3rd day is also going to be good for batting, I look forward to see a 500+ score for Pakistan in the first innings.
...and that's going to lead to real dicey 4th and 5th days for india....

arjwiz

School Boy/Girl Captain
Duncan said:
That is pretty funny...
:D :D

As for what Sanjay said.. all I can think of is Walsh.
Actually, he meant Frank Worrell, Everton Weekes and Clive Walcott

EDIT : Oops, someone got that in before me....oh well.

mofo123

U19 12th Man
...my suggestion...for the perfect tense thriller

younis and yousuf bat out the first session and when the temp rises go after the weary bowlers. one man guides the innings while the other strikes...inzi comes in if one is to fall...inzi now inzi becomes the guider and lets the standing man attack...next send in razzaq...to attack inzi remains to guide...kamal in to guide and inzi begins to attack...this way we always have one batsmen who is willing to go after the bowling and one to guide the innings...runs shud come freely...maybe declare after gaining a lead of 200 if thats possible of corse u never knw tom is another day things could go differently...200 lead gives pakistan 2 days to attack the indian line up its a hard task thats for sure. According to the pitch reports spin should b successful on day 4 and 5, but oh no india stick at it bat out day 4 losing maybe 4 wickets then are bowled out by kaneria and afridi. india with a lead of 100-150? leaving pakistan with a session and a half to get it....if it goes to plan that will b one heck of a specticle...but it would all b even better if afridi gets a not out...hoping for too much? i hope not:P

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
A very good chance for the Indians to prove that they too can counter-attack- by far the only positive for them from today.