• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

thehellraiser

School Boy/Girl Captain
Mecnun said:
There is still a chance for Rana..I know he didnt practice and has been told to rest for a week but we may still find him fit to play...If he doent than Arshad is a better bet than Khalil however that puts Afrid's inclusion in doubt in my mind..
Arshad is definately a better bet then Khalil.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
thehellraiser said:
The crowd in Kokata will definately not be as sporting as the one in Mohali or Chennai (99). We may see the closing stages in front of an empty stadium again (Deja vu).

Remember the Pakistanis ahev never lost to the indians on this ground. With all these factors and the swing in momentum - things looking good for Pakistan.
You play good cricket at Eden Gardens and trust me Calcutta (or Kolkata) crowd can be as good as Chennai. They love their sport and know it as well. I come from that part of India and know it from my personal experience.As for your claim that Balaji may not take 5 wickets again, all I can say is time will tell, we still have two more tests (4 more innings ) to go.

In Mohali Pakistan was lucky that the pitch did not break on 5th day( probably due to the rain on the first 2 days) and not to forget freaky century by Kamran Akmal. Overall I was not dissapointed by Indian performance and the outcome of the test match. Let's hope that we get good contest @ eden.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
thehellraiser said:
Balaji bowled well but come on....we all know that he is not going to take 5 wickets again.
do we? maybe you know something the rest of us don't... :)

dudeurfriend

School Boy/Girl Captain
wow, looks like this thread is being taken over by people who confuse being patriots with being sentimental idiots........ I am sorry if my language was too strong, but I am juz tired of reading crap like "The Pakistanis have NO CHANCE" and "Balaji was lucky to get 5 wickets." Anyway, to the saner ones around, any team news?

Deja moo

International Captain
Well, Sami can grin as much as he wants, but when it comes to when it truly counts, he falls to bits again....

Deja moo

International Captain
dudeurfriend said:
wow, looks like this thread is being taken over by people who confuse being patriots with being sentimental idiots........ I am sorry if my language was too strong, but I am juz tired of reading crap like "The Pakistanis have NO CHANCE" and "Balaji was lucky to get 5 wickets." Anyway, to the saner ones around, any team news?

Harbhajan in for Zaheer.

Khalil and Afridi in for Naved Hassan and Butt. Afridi will bat in the lower middle order and Younis Khan is slated to open.

Deja moo

International Captain
India 76/0 in 16.4 overs.

Sehwag 44* (64)
Gambhir 26* (45)

Kaneria brought into the attack after just 9 overs with the new ball.

Deja moo

International Captain
To quote Ross from Friends, " This is the longest time ever that anyone has not spoken !"

This is a tour thread, for Gods sake ! Why isnt anyone else posting ????

Deja moo

International Captain
Meh, f*** the rest of you...I'm going for the record of most consecutive posts here...

Lunch..126/1

Sehwag 64*(93)
Dravid 22*(48)

Deja moo

International Captain
Refreshing change in the Indians approach here. Obviously they have identified slow scoring as one of the factors for the first test ending in a draw, and are going for their shots here. Dravid did not hesitate to take the last over before lunch for plenty. Usually he would have just played it out safely.

Last edited:

Deja moo

International Captain
Deja moo said:
Refreshing change in the Indians approach here. Obviously they have identified slow scoring as one of the factors for the first test ending in a draw, and are going for their shots here. Dravid did not hesitate to take the last over before lunch for plenty. Usually he would have just played it out safely.
Very insightful. Hes even hit the first delivery after lunch for 4.

Deja moo

International Captain
Deja moo said:
Oh yeah, and Sehwag does likewise...the first delivery he faces from Khalil after lunch goes for 4.
But of course, you do agree that Dravids cover drive was much more classier to watch than this leg glance ?