• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

deeps

International 12th Man
vandemataram said:
That was typical DEEPS, judging a two bowler by stats on basis of one match.Oh the joke is not over :p

judging a two bowler by stats?

what exactly is a two bowler?

there is only one match to look at. and i'm not making any absurd comments about arshad , i'm not saying"he has excellent figures he's going to be the best in the world"

i said "those figures aren't too bad at all"

and yes , i know the original comment was not directed towards me. but your critisicm towards arshad khan is unwarranted. He has performed admirably well whenever he has been called upon. To make him out to be crap is doing a terrible dishonour to his skills.

deeps said:
and about rana's bowling figures in tests.

he has played a total of 3 tests. you should know as well as i do, that players take time to settle into international test cricket. give the guy time.

balaji's average after his first 3 tests, was 142.5 with only 2 wickets

in comaprison, rana's average of 58 and 7 wickets looks brilliant.

even zaheer had an average of 45 and 7 wickets after 3 tests.
I'm sorry but i'm not the selector of Pak team, if i had been in their shoes then i would have given Rana all the time in the world to get thrashed in test matches.Unfortuantely they aren't fool and they will bring back, Akhtar,Gul and Shabbir and there won't be any place for Rana!

deeps

International 12th Man
vandemataram said:
Look mate, i can talk about anything, don't tell me what to say and not to say. This thread is about Indo_pak series and if i wanat to talk about Test matches then why are you getting bothered?

If it bothers you then just keep off the discussion!
funny how when every1 is talking about one dayers, and a comment that you come up with is proved wrong, u revert back to the test matches. When that is proven wrong, you say that i'm basing my facts on one test match. The fact that he only played one test match might have to do with that? and then u talk about rana's test figures. When they are shown to be the similar as the great bowlers that you yourself said, in zaheer and balaji, you tell me that you can talk about anything you want?

your going around in circles bro.

deeps said:
The indian batting line up is rated as one of the best, if not the best in the world. The pakistan batting line up is nowhere near as rated, and hence bhajji should have had the easier job.
Getting confused between the two formats of the game???

In OD cricket Pak batting lineup is considerd to be very good. Players like Malik ,Afridi ,Razzak etc , who usually struggle in test matches, are terreffic in ODI!

deeps

International 12th Man
vandemataram said:
Getting confused between the two formats of the game???

In OD cricket Pak batting lineup is considerd to be very good. Players like Malik ,Afridi ,Razzak etc , who usually struggle in test matches, are terreffic in ODI!
those players have only begun to establish themselves as top class one day batsman very recently. players like tendulkar, dravid, ganguly, and sehwag to a lesser extent are meant to be the one day kings.

and quiet frankly, it was your bowling that let you down, not your batting. the batsman made quiet high scores in most of the matches.

deeps said:
judging a two bowler by stats?

what exactly is a two bowler?

there is only one match to look at. and i'm not making any absurd comments about arshad , i'm not saying"he has excellent figures he's going to be the best in the world"

i said "those figures aren't too bad at all"

and yes , i know the original comment was not directed towards me. but your critisicm towards arshad khan is unwarranted. He has performed admirably well whenever he has been called upon. To make him out to be crap is doing a terrible dishonour to his skills.

I mistakenly added "a" before two, of whih you made big noise!

I didn't knew that Arshad has performed admirably WHENEVER HE HAS BEEN CALLED.Again if you wanna talk about onedayers then i'm NOT interested. But the fact is that this guy Arshad Khan is a dark chapter of Pak cricket. The guy happened to have been a very medicre bowler who was prefrerred over a brilliant Saqlain Khan (he was in his prime then) by Pak captain Aamir Sohail, only coz Saqlain was Waseem Akram's buddy... Pathetic.
Read the statement of Naseer Hussain when he won the test match against Pak in Pak, he clearly mentioned that he was surprised to see a VERY ORDINARY Arshad Khan in the team when Saqlain was available.

deeps

International 12th Man
vandemataram said:
I mistakenly added "a" before two, of whih you made big noise!

I didn't knew that Arshad has performed admirably WHENEVER HE HAS BEEN CALLED.Again if you wanna talk about onedayers then i'm NOT interested. But the fact is that this guy Arshad Khan is a dark chapter of Pak cricket. The guy happened to have been a very medicre bowler who was prefrerred over a brilliant Saqlain Khan (he was in his prime then) by Pak captain Aamir Sohail, only coz Saqlain was Waseem Akram's buddy... Pathetic.
Read the statement of Naseer Hussain when he won the test match against Pak in Pak, he clearly mentioned that he was surprised to see a VERY ORDINARY Arshad Khan in the team when Saqlain was available.
mate, that was 10 years ago. and secondly it's saqlain mushtaq.

whatever he was in the past is not the matter here. if it was a year or two years, or maybe even 3 years ago. your argument would have some relevance. this was 10 years ago.

matthew hayden was nothing special when he first pllayed test cricket. he came back ALONG time later, and became the best batsman in the world for a while, scored 380 in an innings and did alot of other very good things.

Stop living in the past, as i've told you before

if one dayers mean nothing to you, and is only a micky mouse thing, why is ur avatar of the indian team winning the world cup an entire 22 years ago? it seems to mean alot to you for a mickey mouse thing

deeps said:
funny how when every1 is talking about one dayers, and a comment that you come up with is proved wrong, u revert back to the test matches. When that is proven wrong, you say that i'm basing my facts on one test match. The fact that he only played one test match might have to do with that? and then u talk about rana's test figures. When they are shown to be the similar as the great bowlers that you yourself said, in zaheer and balaji, you tell me that you can talk about anything you want?
Rana has played a total of three test matches, there isn't much we can do about it.However Arshad has played much more than 1 match, and it mazes me as to why you just wanna talk about one test match performance??

And i have seen a number of posts that were about test matches by ppl, i'm not sure as to why you are getting annoyed at the mention of test matches? i guess OD matches suits you better.

deeps said:

whatever he was in the past is not the matter here. if it was a year or two years, or maybe even 3 years ago. your argument would have some relevance. this was 10 years ago.
This is a laugh :p :p , you yourself come up with a stupid statement saying that Arshad has done Admirably WHENVEVER he has been called upon.Why come up with a dumb statement only to dismiss it in the next post??

L :p L, this from someone who sometimes live in past and the next moment somewhere else!

Last edited:

indian_king

Cricket Spectator
SJS said:
Hi Vandemataram,

How is your health my friend ?
lookking at his arguements, not so very good it may seem....

vanemataram, i like your standing up for our home country but you must know to admit when you are wrong.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
indian_king said:
lookking at his arguements, not so very good it may seem....

vanemataram, i like your standing up for our home country but you must know to admit when you are wrong.
No I was really concerned due to his sudden departures from the scene.

After posting some wonderful gems like the following on 22nd March.....

vandemataram said:
Its not just this series 8-) . The likes of Dravid, Tendulkar,Sehwag and Gambhir are far,far better than.... oh why do one even name the losers.
AND

vandemataram said:
To convince you, India will beat Pakistan again in the third test.

Just enjoy the show.
..... he was suddenly not to be seen.

Unfortunately his absence co incided with the third test match which was sad really.

Then he appeared on 4th April, after India won the first ODI and posted a few on the chucking controversy and generally stayed away from playing Nostradamus.

Again he went off the air and we missed the benefit of his benign effect on India's fortunes as they were thrashed in four games in a row, each victory by a margin bigger than before.

Came back on 20th April, three days after the loss in the 6th and final ODI and has been with us since then.

I wish he would stay around since India seem to play badly everytime he decides to go away from the forum.

or could it be the other way around ?? :huh: :huh:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Pratyush said:
Care bring to light the glorious posts made by Gladiators in Blue?
Oh he was far better. He did curse me because I said before the Afridi century that Afridi was the danger man and the "patriots" laughed and then when Afridi started hammering away , he said...

GladiatrsInBlue said:
SRSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS you cursed India ....you and your Afridi...... :@ :@ :@

But he too did not come again after that day.

deeps

International 12th Man
SJS said:
No I was really concerned due to his sudden departures from the scene.

After posting some wonderful gems like the following on 22nd March.....

AND

..... he was suddenly not to be seen.

Unfortunately his absence co incided with the third test match which was sad really.

Then he appeared on 4th April, after India won the first ODI and posted a few on the chucking controversy and generally stayed away from playing Nostradamus.

Again he went off the air and we missed the benefit of his benign effect on India's fortunes as they were thrashed in four games in a row, each victory by a margin bigger than before.

Came back on 20th April, three days after the loss in the 6th and final ODI and has been with us since then.

I wish he would stay around since India seem to play badly everytime he decides to go away from the forum.

or could it be the other way around ?? :huh: :huh:

heheheh, that's funni!

Legglancer

State Regular
vandemataram said:
This is a laugh :p :p , you yourself come up with a stupid statement saying that Arshad has done Admirably WHENVEVER he has been called upon.Why come up with a dumb statement only to dismiss it in the next post??

L :p L, this from someone who sometimes live in past and the next moment somewhere else!
vandemataram ..... many congratulations on your obtuseness in defending your favorite team with Gusto !

Another proud patriotic son of the soil !! :dry:

mofo123

U19 12th Man
deeps said:

matthew hayden was nothing special when he first pllayed test cricket. he came back ALONG time later, and became the best batsman in the world for a while, scored 380 in an innings and did alot of other very good things.

if one dayers mean nothing to you, and is only a micky mouse thing, why is ur avatar of the indian team winning the world cup an entire 22 years ago? it seems to mean alot to you for a mickey mouse thing
ACTUALLY saqi still isnt 100% from his knee op...hence him not being selected...hence arshad was picked...ill expect to see saqi back for windies