• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

shoot_me said:
But IMO the qualities that make Pakistan a far superior side to many is the strategy, balance, attitude, and spirit they possess--not the extraordinary talent that you talk about. Yes, they're an extremely gifted bunch but not as much as you make it to be sir.
As far as attitude is concerned, Pakistan has the WORST record, so i don't know what you are talking about.In this series though, Pak played with positive attitude and with lot of spirit, but that is unusual case, and for that they were richly rewarded!

I think most teams in the world have better attitude, and better strategy than Pakistan do.

astute

School Boy/Girl Captain
gosh gosh
excuse me vande matram bro
seems like u dun even giv a damn to this current pak india friendship.................................duh

and yeah afridi has the quickest century records....................
plz dun underestimate.................................

dun u thnk we are friends now.........
u guys won in our homeland
and we won in urs..............

its pretty balanced...

deeps

International 12th Man
vandemataram said:
Ever heard of Balaji and Zaheer Khan 8-) .

BTW, some ppl were talking about Arshad Khan and comparing him with Bhajji, don't compare them on the basis of one series do that on the basis of ENTIRE career.By one series comparison even Afridi might end up looking a better batter than Sachin :@

if you are looking at an entire career, ganguly should be in the team for his batting ahead of sehwag. sehwag has a miserly average of only 32 in odis, as compared to ganguly's fantastic 41

arshad khan has a career ODI bowling average of 33.50 SR of 48.1
Harbhajan Singh has a career ODI bowling average of 30.23 SR of 43.6

so really, the figures are quiet similar. Yes, harbhajan has better figures, but is arshad khan as bad as you make him out to be?

As i said before, you cannot look at an entire career, you must look at recent matches to gauge who is in better form. Quiet obviously looking at the series stats, arshad khan bowled better than Harbhajan Singh. Not just marginally better, he absolutely blitzed bhajji's figures.

And i'm still not saying arshad is a better bowler than bhajji, but you are severely under praising arshad's bowling by saying things like "out of half a billion population, can't u pick one decent off spinner". Well, if arshad is nto decent, neither is harbhajan. end of story

deeps

International 12th Man
and balaji and zaheer aren't very good seamers. they both have enormous potential, but haven't really produced it consistently.

on current form, rana is better than the rest. on CURRENT form. A team should be picked on form, and pakistan did that, and one the series. India picked a team based on past performances (ganguly, kumble, harbhajan, and to a lesser extent pathan ) and struggled.

EDIT: not only is the indian team being picked on past performances, the fans are still ogling over past performances. This is personified by your avatar vandemataram. the world cup, which india won back in 1983, an entire 22 years ago. noT ONE player from that team still plays.

Last edited:

biased indian

International Coach
astute said:
gosh gosh
excuse me vande matram bro
seems like u dun even giv a damn to this current pak india friendship.................................duh

and yeah afridi has the quickest century records....................
plz dun underestimate.................................

dun u thnk we are friends now.........
u guys won in our homeland
and we won in urs..............

its pretty balanced...
u only drew the test series :) so its not equal

imranrabb

U19 Debutant
biased indian said:
u only drew the test series :) so its not equal
Considering we did it without our main strike bowlers makes it equal also the one day series last year was close this one pakistan dominated.

deeps

International 12th Man
imranrabb said:
Considering we did it without our main strike bowlers makes it equal also the one day series last year was close this one pakistan dominated.

4-2 is not a domination. especially considering one game went down to the last ball. had tendulkar somehow managed to not give away any runs on the final ball, it would b 3-3.

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
imranrabb said:
This is a ******** contest.

deeps

International 12th Man
imranrabb said:
Well then you can say the same about last year where pakistan needed 8 to win off the last over.
lol where did that come from? we're not even talking about last year! no1 said india dominated pakistan last year. india beat pakistan, and that's that. and this time, pakistan beat india, not dominated them.

deeps said:
As i said before, you cannot look at an entire career, you must look at recent matches to gauge who is in better form. Quiet obviously looking at the series stats, arshad khan bowled better than Harbhajan Singh. Not just marginally better, he absolutely blitzed bhajji's figures.

And i'm still not saying arshad is a better bowler than bhajji, but you are severely under praising arshad's bowling by saying things like "out of half a billion population, can't u pick one decent off spinner". Well, if arshad is nto decent, neither is harbhajan. end of story
End of story or end of a joke (on ur part)?????

How cleverly you have provided the stats of OD matches yet ignoring the stats of TEST matches, the superior format of the game!! Can you mention a SINGLE series in which Arshad Khan emerged as a leading WK taker for Pakistan (again i'm talking about test matches).

ALSO Arshad and Bhajji faced DIFFERENT teams, Bhajji was against a confident Pakistan team while Arshad was against an Indian team that were out of sorts and were heavily dependent on one man in Sehwag.Once that guy was out then rest just went through the motions!

And if the recent performance is all you want to judge a player and that too by taking account ONLY OD matches, then Arhad Khan become a far far superior bowler to Danish Kaneria :blink:

Last edited:
deeps said:
and balaji and zaheer aren't very good seamers. they both have enormous potential, but haven't really produced it consistently.

on current form, rana is better than the rest. on CURRENT form. A team should be picked on form, and pakistan did that, and one the series. India picked a team based on past performances (ganguly, kumble, harbhajan, and to a lesser extent pathan ) and struggled.

Ever heard of "test format" of cricket matches??? Its played over the period of 5 days, you probably aren't aware of that as the micky mouse format (of OD) msut be more appealing to you. Now in test matches, whether on current form or the entire career, Rana has wonderfull figures :p

deeps

International 12th Man
vandemataram said:
End of story or end of a joke (on ur part)?????

How cleverly you have provided the stats of OD matches yet ignoring the stats of TEST matches, the superior format of the game!! Can you mention a SINGLE series in which Arshad Khan emerged as a leading WK taker for Pakistan (again i'm talking about test matches).

ALSO Arshad and Bhajji played were facing DIFFERENT teams, Bhajji was against a confident Pakistan team while Arshad was against an Indian team that were out of sorts and were heavily dependent on one man in Sehwag.Once that guy was out then rest just went through the motions!

And if the recent performance is all you want to judge a player and that too by taking account ONLY OD matches, then Arhad Khan become a far far superior bowler to Danish Kaneria :blink:

pity that the test matches finished ages ago and we were talking about one day matches.

arshad's only test in ages
3rd test vs india at bangalore

O M R W
28 3 87 0
14 8 21 2

not too bad at all. nothing special, but not bad. Very harsh of you to call him less than decent. Yes arshad khan is a better one day bowler than danish imo AT PRESENT. This can however change. I wouldn't say FAR superior, as one series is not anything to judge by.

deeps

International 12th Man
vandemataram said:
Ever heard of "test format" of cricket matches??? Its played over the period of 5 days, you probably aren't aware of that as the micky mouse format (of OD) msut be more appealing to you. Now in test matches, whether on current form or the entire career, Rana has wonderfull figures :p
lol yeh if u go read posts from me, you'll find that i ALWAYS say that tests are far superior to one dayers, and one dayers don't mean much. HOWEVER, we were talking about the ONE DAY series, and the ONE DAY skills/form of the players.

So don't bring test matches into this at this stage, as the tests finished along time ago.

deeps

International 12th Man
vandemataram said:
ALSO Arshad and Bhajji faced DIFFERENT teams, Bhajji was against a confident Pakistan team while Arshad was against an Indian team that were out of sorts and were heavily dependent on one man in Sehwag.Once that guy was out then rest just went through the motions!

it's not arshad khans fault that the indian batting was not up to scratch. He can only perform against the opponents given to him, and he did just that. Harbhajan didn't.

If pakistan was playing bangladesh, and india playing australia, your arguement wld hold true.

The indian batting line up is rated as one of the best, if not the best in the world. The pakistan batting line up is nowhere near as rated, and hence bhajji should have had the easier job.

deeps said:
pity that the test matches finished ages ago and we were talking about one day matches.
Your defination of "ages" is probably as good as ur understanding of test matches 8-) .

And i'm sorry but the conversation was NOT started about you(the one about Off spinner) you just came in presumed something and started taking rubbish!

deeps

International 12th Man
and about rana's bowling figures in tests.

he has played a total of 3 tests. you should know as well as i do, that players take time to settle into international test cricket. give the guy time.

balaji's average after his first 3 tests, was 142.5 with only 2 wickets

in comaprison, rana's average of 58 and 7 wickets looks brilliant.

even zaheer had an average of 45 and 7 wickets after 3 tests.

deeps said:
not too bad at all. nothing special, but not bad. Very harsh of you to call him less than decent. Yes arshad khan is a better one day bowler than danish imo AT PRESENT. This can however change. I wouldn't say FAR superior, as one series is not anything to judge by.

That was typical DEEPS, judging a two bowler by stats on basis of one match.Oh the joke is not over :p

deeps said:
lol yeh if u go read posts from me, you'll find that i ALWAYS say that tests are far superior to one dayers, and one dayers don't mean much. HOWEVER, we were talking about the ONE DAY series, and the ONE DAY skills/form of the players.

So don't bring test matches into this at this stage, as the tests finished along time ago.
Look mate, i can talk about anything, don't tell me what to say and not to say. This thread is about Indo_pak series and if i wanat to talk about Test matches then why are you getting bothered?

If it bothers you then just keep off the discussion!