• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** India v Pakistan

deeps

International 12th Man
Tafeeq Umar
Younis Khan
Yousuf Youhana
Inzimam Ul Haq
Asim Kamal
Abdul Razzaq
Shahid Afridi
Kamran Akmal
Rana Naved Ul Hasan
Mohammed Sami
Danish Kaneria

A very good batting line up, with a good mix of experience, youth, attack and defence. The biggest problem would be the bowling... Sami and Rana can open the bowling, with kaneria and afridi the spinners, and razzaq the 3rd seamer which has a good mix of different bowlers, but sami will really need to stand up to lead the attack... my preference would have been to play shahid nazir inplace of rana, but i dont think that would happen

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
deeps said:
Tafeeq Umar
Younis Khan
Yousuf Youhana
Inzimam Ul Haq
Asim Kamal
Abdul Razzaq
Shahid Afridi
Kamran Akmal
Rana Naved Ul Hasan
Mohammed Sami
Danish Kaneria

A very good batting line up, with a good mix of experience, youth, attack and defence. The biggest problem would be the bowling... Sami and Rana can open the bowling, with kaneria and afridi the spinners, and razzaq the 3rd seamer which has a good mix of different bowlers, but sami will really need to stand up to lead the attack... my preference would have been to play shahid nazir inplace of rana, but i dont think that would happen
What happened to Rao?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Deja moo said:
Anyone know why Younis Khan has replaced Youhana as Vice captain ?
Maybe the people that matter are taking Imran Khan's comments seriously. He thinks Youhana does not have the skills to lead Pakistan, while Younis Khan does.

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
vandemataram said:
Agreed, Pakistan certainly don't have the talent, the skill and the experiance to get 20 Indian wkts in a test match, on the other hand India has the capability to bowl out the fragile Pak batting lineup twice in all three matches.
That may be true but India really can't afford to go into the series believing that. Having lost one to Bangladesh earlier this year, this team has learned its lesson about not being overconfident, or at least how to act like you have any respect for the opposition. Unless some changes are made, we're surely lose the one-day series. So they've got to make sure they win the tests- GET WHAT YOU CAN GET SO YOU DON'T LEAVE EMPTY HANDED.

Last edited:

Shahid_afridi

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Choora said:
I think we might see Afridi opening for Pakistan in the test series. IF the other Pakistan openers don't perform well then they might give Afridi a chance to open as this would also give them a chance to utilize Afridi as the fifth bowler
not a great idea!afridi is not an opener!he was really good at nr.7 against australia(although it was in the odis) but his average as an opener(24)is not good at all...better use him in the lower-middle order

biased indian

International Coach
shankar said:
Go to the match! You can write the exam next year, Dont know when you'll be able to watch a match in Kochi again! :p :D :happy:
i cannot mis the exam its held once in 3 years :)

but i am now planning to goto bangalore to watch the third test only if the series has not been lost 0-2 to pakistan

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
BI, Too Many Ifs and Buts, Just go and watch the damn match. It is once in a lifetime opportunity.

deeps

International 12th Man
i dnt believe rao is a potent bowler, and only rate him slightly above abdul razzaq and azhar mahmood... but his lack of batting skills detracts from him.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
adharcric said:
Asim Kamal is a pretty good batsman, but I don't know if 4 bowlers will be enough for Pakistan (Kaneria, Naved, Sami, Razzaq), especially considering only one of them is a spinner (spinners tend to be able to bowl more overs then seamers, i think). So if Arshad Khan is preferred to Razzaq, I would go with Asim Kamal. Basically, Kamal/Arshad or Afridi/Razzaq.
I think if Pakistan had a better 4th bowler then u can pick Asim Kamal, but i don't really rate Arshad so i think they have to play both Afridi and Razzaq. They have more chance of getting 20 wickets with Daniesh, Rana, Sami, Afridi and Razzaq then playing only 4 bowlers. Also they probably need the extra batsmen to score competitive scores aganist India and therefore give then a run for their money. They probably still wont win but at least they would be more competitive.

Choora

State Regular
Arjun said:
Maybe the people that matter are taking Imran Khan's comments seriously. He thinks Youhana does not have the skills to lead Pakistan, while Younis Khan does.
Thats an opinion shared by Pybuss and many others!

Infact Pybuss (the ex-Pak coach) was the first to point that out.

Youhanna suxs as captain he has no idea about field placing. Younis is the guy who is probably going to be the future Pak captain, looks like PCB is finally realising that.

Choora

State Regular
chaminda_00 said:
I think if Pakistan had a better 4th bowler then u can pick Asim Kamal, but i don't really rate Arshad so i think they have to play both Afridi and Razzaq. They have more chance of getting 20 wickets with Daniesh, Rana, Sami, Afridi and Razzaq then playing only 4 bowlers. Also they probably need the extra batsmen to score competitive scores aganist India and therefore give then a run for their money. They probably still wont win but at least they would be more competitive.
Yeah the situation you described is corect, they don't have a good 4th bowler so they might go for 2 allrounders at the expense of a quality player like Asim Kamal.

I still think it would be wrong of Pak to do that as A kamal has a very good technique and has the temperament to play big innings, Pakistan certainly needs such batsman.

Sehwag309

Banned
Not sure about TV right, but here are the real heros

1st Test Chris Broad --- Rudi Koertzen and Darrell Hair
2nd Test Chris Broad --- Steve Bucknor and Darrell Hair
3rd Test Chris Broad --- Billy Bowden and Simon Taufel
1st ODI Chris Broad --- Billy Bowden
2nd ODI Chris Broad --- Billy Bowden
3rd ODI Chris Broad --- Billy Bowden
4th ODI Chris Broad --- Rudi Koertzen
5th ODI Chris Broad --- Rudi Koertzen
6th ODI Chris Broad --- Rudi Koertzen

Billy Bowden (Kiwi Dev Anand) has to make sure he hears everything right, especially in the LOUD noise

Last edited:

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
Zee TV Willing To Telecast Series Without Prejudice

Press Trust of India
New Delhi, February 22

In the midst of its battle with BCCI on telecast rights, Zee Telefilms Ltd on Tuesday said it was willing to telecast the upcoming India-Pakistan cricket series "without prejudice" to the contentions of the parties in the case.

"ZTL would do this entirely at its risks and costs and without any equity in its favour. This shall also be without prejudice to the respective contentions of the parties before the Madras Court," it said in a letter addressed to BCCI president Ranbir Singh Mahendra and secretary SK Nair.

According to the letter, ZTL would deposit the entire advertisement revenue generated from the series both on their channel as well as Doordarshan with the BCCI along with the collection from international syndicate sales without deducting any sales commission.

"ZTL will only require to be paid production costs as mutually agreed as well as any telecast fee which ZTL would be required to pay to Prasar Bharti.

"The deduction towards production cost and net agency commission will be on the basis of figures certified by mutually agreed independent auditors," the letter said.

When this submission on behalf of ZTL was submitted before the Madras High Court, it was observed by the court that they should submit this in writing to the BCCI for consideration.

"In accordance to the court's observation, ZTL submitted the offer keeping in mind the larger interest of the game and with a view to eliminate any unfounded apprehension or fear that these cricket events may not be covered for telecast," it said.

ZTL also reemphasised and reassured BCCI that they would do a world class production job for the matches between India and Pakistan and said they were full prepared with all required arrangements.

Last edited:

Sehwag309

Banned
Give it to them,. I hope we dont see that ugly MANJREKAR/RAMEEZ duo for commentary.

Oh wait, doesnt ESPN have gavaskar/akram/shastri?

shoot_me

School Boy/Girl Captain
Sehwag309 said:
Give it to them,. I hope we dont see that ugly MANJREKAR/RAMEEZ duo for commentary.

Oh wait, doesnt ESPN have gavaskar/akram/shastri?
Really? I think the Manjrekar/Rameez duo's pretty hilarious at times- only problem is that Rameez is too diplomatic and always sides with India. The whole friendship thing is great and everything but it's cricket, not a cheesy Bollywood flick. On the other hand, I'd rather listen to Manjrekar than to Gavaskar and Akram any day.

Last edited: