• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India tour of Ireland and England 2022

BazBall21

International Regular
Yeah, that's the similar one. Different approach of course, but suddenly became world class after years of averaging mid 30s.
Yeah Gooch pre-1989 beats Bairstow pre-2022 but the similarities are there, particularly if Jonny kicks on from here.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
Siraj is a funny one. Can bowl some good spells but looks innocuous so often. What you wouldn't give for Ishant here.
Siraj is solid enough on helpful pitches, but I never really understood the hype about him beyond that. He mostly just bowls straight at 135 kph.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Whatever happens tomorrow, this match is another clear marker of the quick improvements we’ve made. A year ago not only would we have not got a sniff at a chase like this, but I also don’t think we’d have fought back to keep the target below 400 like we did.

Everyone knows there are holes in this side and things we need to do better but it’s really pleasing to watch and every ball I don’t see at the minute gives me FOMO whereas last year every ball I watched made me cry unless Root was batting

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Ah well it was a good effort while it lasted…looks like the series will be tied…congratulations England!

ImpatientLime

International Regular
Haven't seen a better English bat myself. Has no weaknesses atm and is immense under pressure. Not just at soaking up pressure but actively reversing it as well.
I don't think I've ever seen a batter who "before you know it he's 30 not out without you realising" more applies to

so serene and risk free in the way he's operating right now

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
Still a bit of distance for england to cross, India aren't gonna make this as easy as NZ did on the 5th day of the 3rd test. Would feel alot more confident if foakes was there over billings.

Groundking

International Debutant
Bazball continues to shine, amazing what instilling a bit of self belief and confidence into a group of lads can do and it's another amazing effort even if we fall short tomorrow.

thundaboult

International Debutant
I've gotta say, England is turning the most boring format of the game into something we actually need to watch. This is actually exciting. Thanks Brendon!

BazBall21

International Regular
7/90 is a bad day's work really
Yeah. The bowlers will get blamed if India don’t rescue it tomorrow and probably rightly so but the batsmen had the opportunity to basically remove England win from the equation and failed.