• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He's been embarrassing. Yorkshire can't drop him because he's a pro or else he'd be playing 2nds.

I love the man but he's got big question marks on his non SC batting atm.
It's odd because he seemed to do all right in his previous county stint. These last two have been absolutely woeful. Pretty clear he's an SC bully. He has loads to prove this summer.

cnerd123

likes this
Wish there was some context to those dismissals as well

He's always been a strokeless limpet at the crease against pace and swing; the theory I read on Reddit is that he's been finding it hard to put bowlers under any pressure, and as such he's letting them find a rhythm and either get him out with a good ball or get him out with a well set trap.

I know anecdotally we all believe that a bowler settling into a rhythm is a bad thing for a batsman, but what's more interesting to me is if Pujara's defense isn't as soundproof as we once thought it was. That he actually isn't that good at keeping out good balls, or at resisting traps sent for him. If thats true then it undermines his whole strategy of grinding down bowlers through time at the crease.

vcs

He was most recently bowled by Dernbach after leaving a straight one :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEtBwX8FlfQ

1:45

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI-1BkIScrU

Off spinner caught at short leg

1:05

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixnYWvJYpK0

Stumps rekt by Steyn

0:04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H790QakKcIo

1:40 edged to 2nd slip off the backfoot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqNOmpJJqlQ

2:31 bowled again, bat/pad gap
Steyn has a habit of bowling beauties to him.

vcs

Is there any way we can watch his batting and dismissals in the CC so far, so that we can figure out what's happening?
I'd say he should keep it simple and play it when it's right under his nose, but Pujara could follow that advice and still wind up getting out flaying at a wide one

R!TTER

First Class Debutant
Pujara can't be worse than Dhawan in England and that settles it for me.
So he's gonna open now instead of Dhawan? If we're gonna compare whim with Shikhar or Virat, then that's not much a benchmark to measure him up to is it? Dravid should be the obvious candidate which he should look to emulate, if he can't score runs consistently then he needs to stay at the crease for long hours, especially against the new ball. The problem is he eats up loads of balls & then gets out the same way time & again, crossing his bat in front of the pad :laugh:

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So he's gonna open now instead of Dhawan? If we're gonna compare whim with Shikhar or Virat, then that's not much a benchmark to measure him up to is it? Dravid should be the obvious candidate which he should look to emulate, if he can't score runs consistently then he needs to stay at the crease consistently for hours at length, especially against the new ball. The problem is he eats up loads of balls & then gets out the same way time & again, crossing his bat in front of the pad :laugh:
Was talking wrt team selection and dropping him. Agree with the above. I don't have confidence in his defensive abilities.

Jack1

International Debutant
Can you seriously stop with this pathetically unfunny nationalistic trolling? It's not funny, clever or original. Not the first time, not the 100th time. It just gives the forum an unpleasant atmosphere. You've been back a day and already straight back into it.
He's just joking, don't take him too seriously. It gets boring if everyone is too serious to be fair.

As for the tour I think India have their work cut out in all formats. I think India are the biggest threat in tests to be honest. I fancy England more in limited overs head to head.

Borges

International Regular
I think India are the biggest threat in tests to be honest. I fancy England more in limited overs head to head.
I would fancy England in the test matches too; with Pujara having a dreadful run of form and Vijay looking very shaky even as he scored a century against Afghanistan.
Quite surprisingly, in this tour, the edge has to come from our quick bowlers; and that is a very big if.

rparikh14

School Boy/Girl Captain
Bumrah out of the T20I series - India's prospects seriously dented.
Who should be his direct replacement?

Daemon

Chahar's replacing him.

Washington Sundar also got injured and will be replaced by Krunal for T20s and Axar for ODIs

cnerd123

likes this
If only we had a document that was regularly updated to track all players' injuries so we know who is out and for how long