• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm interested to see how the Indian bowlers go in this Test series.... if they show anything like what they did in SA and starting moving the ball, then I'm not sure how well the England batting will handle it. Of course the same can be said of the Indian batting, but that is expected.

.....Can't wait until this plethora of LO overs crap goes away.
Bhuvi will be excellent as long as he stays fit. Ishant will be his usual meh but #nottterrible self. Predicting how the rest will go is a crapshoot. Shami at times looks world class but then reverts to being an Indian fast bowler and Yadav probably wont even be picked

Mr Miyagi

Banned
Bhuvi will be excellent as long as he stays fit. Ishant will be his usual meh but #nottterrible self. Predicting how the rest will go is a crapshoot. Shami at times looks world class but then reverts to being an Indian fast bowler and Yadav probably wont even be picked
Will Ishant make the team with Bhuvi, Bumrah and Yadav with Pandya before Shami as well?

If BK doesn't play the first test, seriously - what the efff.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The idea of Yadav bowling with a shiny Dukes ball is an intriguing one. I'd lead towards him spraying it in a specular fashion though. Ishant too is interesting considering that his main delivery in county cricket seems to have become the big in swinger. Might trouble England a couple of times with that but I don't see sustained effect. Bhuvi is by far the best best.

Do you think Bumrah will play? When the test squad being announced, if it hasn't been already?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I expect there to be at least one, possibly two days where Anderson and Broad bowl completely the wrong length, deny responsibility/claim the criticism was unfounded etc. and then correct the problem the next day or innings despite the denial of the problem.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
The control and patience of all the Indian bowlers through the SA summer was impressive..... I think Ishant has looked much better as part of a more complete bowling attack. Bumrah did not do badly either. And this was all with the 'infamous terrible' kookaburra... I think Shami and Bhuvi will be very hard to handle with a swinging duke ball. I wonder more about the spin bowling options for India, Ashwin is not exactly at his best.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
I am actually looking forward to the limited overs, both teams are in prime form. We might actually see a series similar to the Ind-Aus series couple of years back where 350 scores were scored easily and chased, the Faulkner series.

Mr Miyagi

Banned
I am actually looking forward to the limited overs, both teams are in prime form. We might actually see a series similar to the Ind-Aus series couple of years back where 350 scores were scored easily and chased, the Faulkner series.
****x says adjust for eras man.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I could be proven horribly wrong, but I think the English batsmen will expose Bumrah in this series.

Borges

International Regular
Is Bumrah a certainty in the playing eleven? Or is this about the limited overs series?