• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I hope Shaw and Jadeja replace Dhawan and Ashwin next game. If Bhuvi's back, who will they drop?
If Bhuvi's back I'd play 4 quicks and Jadeja. Pandya's doing sfa with the bat anyways so this actually strengthens the batting.

chicane

State Captain
^Pandya. Bhuvi's a more reliable bat and obv a far better bowler.
Yeah but he's also taken a match winning 5fer and is in the overall highest run and wicket tallies. On the other hand the other seamers have all bowled well. Bhuvi has to come in for one of them, but it will be a bit harsh on whoever it is.

vcs

This series is very reminiscent of Ashes 2013. Smashed us at Lords, and won two Tests by winning all the key moments.

Niall

International Coach
I'm half convinced he and Shastri intentionally sabotaged Bhuvi's fitness by playing him in the ODIs
Lets just recap...

Picked a half fit Bhuvi in an ODI when they had alternatives
Only picked one spinner in 1st test where a second spinner would have caused damage
Picked Kuldeep in the second test where a second spinner was not needed
And

Picked Ashwin who has either lied about his fitness or India's superb selectors have decided to wing it with him. They also sent home a spinner last week ffs.

Not bad at all
Although obviously England not playing Ali until now is pretty dire also.

Daemon

Lets just recap...

Picked a half fit Bhuvi in an ODI when they had alternatives
Only picked one spinner in 1st test where a second spinner would have caused damage
Picked Kuldeep in the second test where a second spinner was not needed
And

Picked Ashwin who has either lied about his fitness or India's superb selectors have decided to wing it with him. They also sent home a spinner last week ffs.

Not bad at all
Although obviously England not playing Ali until now is pretty dire also.
I give the selectors a pass this time based solely on the extremely low bar they set in South Africa