• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of England 2018

91Jmay

International Coach
Not having to bat at end of today is kind of ideal as well.

Plan should be to bat 120 overs I think, which should give us lead in excess of 250.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pretty sure that whole Gillespie > Anderson thing was just a windup that went on for too long. Surely no one actually believes it.
I'm pretty sure those Aussie posters did. It'd b like if Indians started claiming Zaheer was better than Gillespie.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Vampire jokes aside, Jimmy Anderson in England has the ball on a yoyo. Complete mastery over length and swing. Makes for beautiful viewing.

91Jmay

International Coach
We bowled great but there is far too much generosity to India's bats here.

Vijay closing the face in the first over against ATG when the ball is swinging, Kohli trying to whip ball through mid on that was swinging away and started on middle, Pandya just threw his hands at everything. Rahul also just lunging hard hands at a good ball. Karthik's gap between bat/pad has been shocking in every innings thus far.

Wasn't impossible to survive conditions by any means.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
We bowled great but there is far too much generosity to India's bats here.

Vijay closing the face in the first over against ATG when the ball is swinging, Kohli trying to whip ball through mid on that was swinging away and started on middle, Pandya just threw his hands at everything. Rahul also just lunging hard hands at a good ball. Karthik's gap between bat/pad has been shocking in every innings thus far.

Wasn't impossible to survive conditions by any means.
Agreed. They should have got to 200.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm sure Stephen does...
tbf to stephen he was rightly rubbishing the idea......it was TJB and Burgey (and someone else who I can't recall) who were seriously saying it. Laughable really.

Edit:

Slifer was the other one.

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
I love how England bowl a team out for a tiny total and still manage some truly rubbish fielding moments.
Yeah it really is a worry. What I don't get is our fielding in ODI's is generally excellent......how come we've become so **** in tests?