• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia to win in Melbourne. Jadeja to finally get picked in Sydney - takes wickets, adds strength to the Indian lower order and Australia escapes in a high scoring draw 8 wickets down
Honestly the exclusion of Jadeja in this test was perplexing. Vihari picked up wickets ffs. Jadeja is a way better bowler and strengthens the tail.

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah. Explaining the mentality of what's going on is somehow cringe-worthy.

The thing is that the tactics were effective, legal and are going to cause India some mental anguish between tests as they consider their batting lineup and how they approach the next test.
i don't think anyone is under any illusions about how the tactics worked, they just found your post a bit naff in the chest-beating sense

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sydney and Melbourne will suit India much more. Still can't believe we acceded to India's demand to not play a Test at Brisbane.

Burgey

This is so cringeworthy ffs
It really isn't though. Yesterday when the ball was flying around and catching edges the Indian blokes were whooping it up deluxe. If they thought they weren't going to cop it back in spades when their turn came, then it probably reflects the fact they've never come here with a pace attack which could dish it out before.

OverratedSanity

Honestly the exclusion of Jadeja in this test was perplexing. Vihari picked up wickets ffs. Jadeja is a way better bowler and strengthens the tail.
It's funny because on paper, India can put out a team with probably the strongest lower order in the world (along with England). Bhuvi, Jadeja, Ashwin, Hardik are all players who have contributed valuable runs down the order. Regardless of losing two of them to injury, somehow finding a way to fit none of them into the team, especially when the top 6 has been as bad as it has been recently is just baffling.

Victor Ian

International Coach
What Australia need to do now, is load one of the Perth drop in pitches onto a truck and get it over to Melbourne in time for the 3rd test. If they use one of ours, we'll all be bored ****less during the next test.

It's a tough job getting 10 wickets when you are not the only bowler in a team. Some **** will always snatch the last few from your grasp.

TheJediBrah

No day/night either
Yeah but at least there's somewhat of a believable excuse with that one (ie. "we haven't played it before and are a bit scared").

Afaik refusing to play at Brisbane was just "that wicket won't suit us, let us play at Adelaide/Sydney instead or else" (correct me if I'm wrong)

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Are there any other keepers in the squad? From what I've seen from this side of the ditch Pant is basically a younger version of Matt Wade (decent sledger who hits the ball okay and keeps like Kamran Akmal).

Burgey

Going to be very interesting to see how Melbourne plays after last year's dirge. Hope it has more grass left on it and offers something for the bowlers.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Agarwal
Rahul
Poo
Kohli
Rahane
Pant
Pandya
Jadeja/Kuldeep
Shami
Ishant
Bumrah

Don't want ashwin to play tbh. He'll hide his recovery status, get picked and then stink it up.

TheJediBrah

Going to be very interesting to see how Melbourne plays after last year's dirge. Hope it has more grass left on it and offers something for the bowlers.
I think seeing that Mitch Marsh could survive a whole session on that wicket was the kick up the arse the MCG curators needed to finally see that the wicket is unacceptably flat

chicane

State Captain
Well played Australia. I thought we let the Aus openers get too many in the 1st dig, but that may not have mattered, because we got destroyed in the 4th. Picking a spinner who could also bat a bit however, may have made things different. Going into the 3rd test, the openers and tail may continue getting dusted off, but I'm still hoping India can win. The Aussie bowling unit is looking awesome, but the batting is still dodgy.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
A good win but not picking a spinner and a bunch of no 11s was putting yourself in a bad spot from the start.