• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* India Tour of Australia 2018/19

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Power cleans are virtually a HIIT exercise though. Besides the obvious power/explosiveness benefit, they are great for building cardio. If you can make some sort of complex from them, squats, presses, and rows, you're going to see far greater results than from simply running. Running's great if you're sprinting. Steady state jogging is useless.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Power cleans are virtually a HIIT exercise though. Besides the obvious power/explosiveness benefit, they are great for building cardio. If you can make some sort of complex from them, squats, presses, and rows, you're going to see far greater results than from simply running. Running's great if you're sprinting. Steady state jogging is useless.
The value of running is basically just to burn calories. I agree that it's **** exercise though, much better off doing other forms of cardio.

Not a fan of power cleans because they're only really good for getting better at power cleans, of if you're a serious sportsman who's actually going to get a benefit out of it. Useless for physique.

Daemon

Rohit is out.

If Shaw is fit then Vihari can drop down. Otherwise it's Pandya or Ashwin.

Burgey

SA was extremely winnable. If bhuvi/Rahane had played at centurion/Capetown it easily could've been 2-1 in our favor. Massive missed opportunity. Don't think we'll ever get a better one either. SA had a load of issues, but AB coming back ruined things a bit.

England was more annoying but apart from bhuvi being a huge miss, the selections weren't as crippling. A 4-1 scoreline definitely underplays how close the series actually was.
Yeah but look, if your Aunty had balls she’d be your uncle. Review Pujara in Adelaide and India needs to win in Sydney to draw the series. There’s a million ifs, buts and maybes over the course of any series. India deserve to be leading this series as they are. By the same token, they had their chances in SA and England and didn’t take them.

Heboric

International Debutant
India had a great chance to win in South Africa in 2010/2011, but for some reason Graeme Smith got all the criticism and Golden Boy Dhobi got off scot free even it was partly due to his **** captaincy

OverratedSanity

Yeah but look, if your Aunty had balls she’d be your uncle. Review Pujara in Adelaide and India needs to win in Sydney to draw the series. There’s a million ifs, buts and maybes over the course of any series. India deserve to be leading this series as they are. By the same token, they had their chances in SA and England and didn’t take them.
Don't get me wrong. I'm hardly saying they didn't deserve to lose they 100% did.

OverratedSanity

Is that the one where SA could have chased 450 in the 4th innings but thought "nah cbf lets just not lose"
Nah, it's the one where India had SA tottering at **** all for 6 in the second innings with boucher and a crippled Kallis at the crease and Dhoni spread the field to them and they happily milked Harbhajan to get to safety.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah, it's the one where India had SA tottering at **** all for 6 in the second innings with boucher and a crippled Kallis at the crease and Dhoni spread the field to them and they happily milked Harbhajan to get to safety.
Classic MS-DOS

One of the great things of the last Indian tour was listening to Chappelli just absolutely lay into Dhoni with the same script on how defensive a captain he was, every morning without fail.

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm quite glad that the only really significant bit of this match I saw was Cummins' spell at the end of the third day. If India win the toss and get another friendly pitch in the next match I might miss most of that too.

Daemon

That was steyn I remember watching that. The crowd weren't too happy either
It did give rise to the infamous bop over long on for six tbf.

Could tell Steyn wanted to go for it, but the instructions from the top were clear.

Heboric

International Debutant
As a Protea supporter I wasnt dissapointed, with Morkel and Tahir to come in next and it being a two test series. It was the right thing to do not giving India a sniff.

Granted this mysterious Captain X that gets bandied about here would have done it 100 %

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
My favorite Aussie cricketer ever. His square cuts in 1991-92 were one of the most lasting moments from my childhood.In one of the ODIs, David was approaching hundred and Dean Jones his fifty, but there were only a few runs to reach the target. I was hoping David reach his milestone and he did. Dean couldn't though.

Niall

International Coach
Team report cards for 2018: Australia, South Africa, India, West Indies, Women and Afghanistan | Cricket | ESPNcricinfo

India's dream year apparently! I can't get over the losses in England and (especially) South Africa. If we had selected better XIs, we could have won more games and probably won first ever series in SA. For all the positives, I am not able to view it as a dream year.
Indian fans would have cared about three test series this year, SA, England and Australia. One series win was the bare minimum that would have been accepted and that's far from a cert as its quite possible Australia win the next test. South Africa was blown by horrific selections, that should haunt India for ages.

England is more complicated, Shastri had a mare, but England were worthy winners and lets not forget leaving Ali out for so long was really ****ing stupid.

The other test series wins were to be expected. Limited overs decent effort, but the loss in England would have hurt especially watching how the lower order was so poor.

Dream year though is pushing it for sure.

OverratedSanity

Personally I think it's up there with the most disappointing years India has ever had (let's not talk about 0-8 since it never happened). Not the worst just the most disappointing. Because there was justified optimism that the team should be able to win something substantial overseas since the bowling attack had genuine quality for once. Watching them barely do better than the 2014 cycle when the team was full of noobs was rough.