• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in West Indies

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Fidel Edwards is out for at least 3 weeks. He is not going to bowl in this test again.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sanz said:
Oh sure I will provide you that, but before that you need to show us the link of the typical stereo-typical fans who said that :-

a. Munaf patel is faster than Shoaib Akhtar and Brett Lee Combined
b. India is the best team in the world, far better than Australia.
So you missed the whole exaggeration bit in my post?

That being said, India were claimed to be equal in Australia in ODIs in early 2004, I distinctly remember that thread because it was made in the month I joined up. That's not really the point though.

Regarding the Pathan thing, I still to this day believe Irfan Pathan to be an allrounder. I don't believe him to be anywhere near Flintoff's class (hence the bit in my posts where I consistently say he needs work) but he's won India ODIs with his bowling and batting, and he's helped India save and win test matches with his batting and bowling fairly frequently. He's an allrounder IMO, and just because I believe so doesn't mean I jumped on the bandwagon. But believe what you want Sanz, and continue insulting the Indian team, but don't go praising them if they manage to win this test.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
The point is most of us are guilty of being stero-typical at some point or other. There is no need to take the high moral ground. If you disagree with such posts, please say so without being the great Indian Fan who never exaggerates things.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sanz have you actually had a long hard read at the posts in this thread? Its the worst official Indian series thread (Indian vs. Pakistani trolls excluded) I've seen on this board. Its come to the point where I've decided not to post regularly in the thread because any proper discussion of this series is clouded by the ridiculous posts that this Indian team deserves to be fed to the lions for their performance, and Greg Chappell should be skinned alive on top of that. Let's not forget the Dhoni should go and die posts in the India vs. England thread, but at least that wasn't constant throughout the whole series.

I'd be even more ****ed off if I was a West Indian fan. They're playing the best test cricket they've played in years, and they've barely had a chance to express their delight because the main talking point is how crap VRV Singh, Sreesanth and Munaf Patel are. The same blokes who were build up for being India's future pace demons.

Don't build blokes up just to cut them back down to Earth again. VRV Singh hasn't done anything wrong, he didn't ask to be selected and he didn't ask to be seen as the bright light of India's fast bowling prospects. He obviously shouldn't have been selected, but why ram it home every 3 posts for 10 pages? Why not go "Hey wait a minute, how awesome was Gayle?"

adharcric

International Coach
Sanz, we are all guilty of positive/negative sensationalism and jumping on bandwagons to some extent. Instead of trying to defame Jono and proving that he is a hypocrite, try to understand what he's saying, because it's very relevant. Let's get this thread back on track, please.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sanz said:
Fidel Edwards is out for at least 3 weeks. He is not going to bowl in this test again.
Talk about stiff luck. Just when he's getting his career on track he gets injured. Not too serious though obviously (based on how long he's out for), but India at an advantage now with Fidel not bowling for the rest of the test.

adharcric

International Coach
If Edwards is out for at least 3 weeks, wouldn't he be missing the entire test series? That would be a huge blow IMO. They should call up Collins or Richardson perhaps.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Adharcric, I know you are a passionate fan and I like you for being one. But I have a suggestion for you. Dont try to be a smartass, when you dont need to. I have not tried to prove anything or defame Jono . If Jono/anyone has a problem with my comments, let them say so.

Its people like you who go on and on everytime a new bowler bowls @ 82mph or a batsman cracks a century. So dont be surprised when people are going to say that VRV, Munaf etc are all big hype. My frustration is not with our performance, but with the kind of raw talent both VRV and Munaf are. Watch them do anything and you will know what I am talking about. Also I have the right to criticize crap decisions taken by our team management and then crap reasonings tgiven by them.

adharcric

International Coach
Sanz said:
Adharcric, I know you are a passionate fan and I like you for being one. But I have a suggestion for you. Dont try to be a smartass, when you dont need to. I have not tried to prove anything or defame Jono . If Jono/anyone has a problem with my comments, let them say so.

Its people like you who go on and on everytime a new bowler bowls @ 82mph or a batsman cracks a century. So dont be surprised when people are going to say that VRV, Munaf etc are all big hype. My frustration is not with our performance, but with the kind of raw talent both VRV and Munaf are. Watch them do anything and you will know what I am talking about. Also I have the right to criticize crap decisions taken by our team management and then crap reasonings tgiven by them.
Alright, that's fine. I was only intervening because you've accused me like this in the past; it's probably not necessary though. You can do all the analyzing and criticizing you feel like, just don't go overboard with things like "worst attack of all-time" and saying VRV and Munaf are hopeless. If you don't think you're going overboard by saying that, well then we can agree to disagree.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Good batting by the Indians though not having Edwards must have hurt WI. Jaffer seems to be playing and missing inspite of being in long enough. I feel this weakness might be exploited by WI as the series progresses. Against that, he obviously doesn't fret too much about the previous ball and keeps going..good attitude.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Jaffer's definitely stepped up this innings. A couple of seconds innings tons in the past few months (granted not adverse batting conditions but the pressure was on in both knocks), good to see.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
ARG pitch playing true to form. Two edges failing to reach the keeper. India would definitely have to reach above 350 by today or this is going to be a draw.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I think we need to leave them with one day + 10 overs tonight to see if they can get a wicket or two in the fading light. So they have 40 more overs. If they can score 160 runs in the next 40 overs, we are in good shape. I think Jaffer will pick it up once he gets a double ton. I don't think they are batting TOO slowly, anyway...though they could pick it up a little bit.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Double century....well done Jaffer. Dravid going may not be a totally horrible thing. Assuming Yuvraj can stay, he can increase the run rate a good amount.

adharcric

International Coach
Splendid double century from Jaffer. Dravid gone, Yuvraj in. Jaffer should face Mohammed and Yuvraj should face the seamers.