• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in West Indies

adharcric

International Coach
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Chappell told me it's because you're too softspoken at the panel meetings.
Every time I try to bring up the issue, I get drowned out by AA supporters. They won't let a 19-year-old steal his overs and his spotlight.

silentstriker said:
I feel you man. My advice to Monica Belluci about marrying me isn't being taken either.
Well, let's compare the chances of my wish coming true and your wish coming true. :)

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
On the basis of being belted for 5 runs an over (on average)? Sehwag's economy rate is well over 5.
I would gladly take 10-0-50-1 from my fifth bowler on most days, given the tracks and conditions these days, esp. if it means some additional batting strength.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
This question may be done to death now, but why does Rahul Dravid still open the innings? He's not a Test opener, he's not Tendulkar and he's a slow scorer at the top. His style is better suited to three, four or five. That position is virtually wide open, so you can have someone you expect to open in Tests to do the job even in one-dayers– maybe have Uthappa opening, maybe go back to Gambhir or even have Jaffer playing ODIs. But what's the harm in trying?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
honestbharani said:
I would gladly take 10-0-50-1 from my fifth bowler on most days, given the tracks and conditions these days, esp. if it means some additional batting strength.
But an economy rate of 5.2odd doesn't mean that a bowler will give you 10-0-52-x every game. It generally means the odd outstanding performance and a whole lot of poor/ordinary ones.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
But an economy rate of 5.2odd doesn't mean that a bowler will give you 10-0-52-x every game. It generally means the odd outstanding performance and a whole lot of poor/ordinary ones.
Part-timer or otherwise, would you have the same bowler bowling those ten overs in every match? That may perform more consistently, as can be seen with five-bowler (or six-bowler, for Pakistan and NZ) attack in the game. Why, Sanath may be a part-timer to many, but he's often bowled in bulk and went for about 35 runs a wicket. Not a bad choice for a stock bowler.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Arjun said:
This question may be done to death now, but why does Rahul Dravid still open the innings? He's not a Test opener, he's not Tendulkar and he's a slow scorer at the top. His style is better suited to three, four or five. That position is virtually wide open, so you can have someone you expect to open in Tests to do the job even in one-dayers– maybe have Uthappa opening, maybe go back to Gambhir or even have Jaffer playing ODIs. But what's the harm in trying?
Because you can only play 11 men in a team and they like Kaif.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Arjun said:
Part-timer or otherwise, would you have the same bowler bowling those ten overs in every match? That may perform more consistently, as can be seen with five-bowler (or six-bowler, for Pakistan and NZ) attack in the game. Why, Sanath may be a part-timer to many, but he's often bowled in bulk and went for about 35 runs a wicket. Not a bad choice for a stock bowler.
It doesn't matter if it's the same bowler or not. If both (or how ever many fill the quota) are very ordinary bowlers who are equally likely to get tonked around, I wouldn't trust them as my fifth bowler. Sanath Jayasuriya is a much better part-timer than Sehwag and Yuvraj, so I don't see your point.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Au contraire.

Play to start in 30 minutes. Fantastic new drainage system at Sabina Park that has apparently left everyone pleasantly stunned.

viktor

State Vice-Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Au contraire.

Play to start in 30 minutes. Fantastic new drainage system at Sabina Park that has apparently left everyone pleasantly stunned.
Seems so. From both ODIs being washed out to a 45 over game in the 1st one. Ppl really did underestimate the drainage system. Augurs well for the WC too

Mr Mxyzptlk

3 wides, a noball, a four and a single in the first over so far...

Pathan struggling.

Appeal against Morton though. Optimistic it seems.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Patel is bowling very well.

Gayle isn't hitting the ball well atm, but it'd probably take him one solid shot to get back into some rhythm. India need to get him early.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Oh and Pathan's shaven head just isn't working. Grow it back Irfan!

And its showing in his bowling!

Mr Mxyzptlk

Jono said:
Gayle isn't hitting the ball well atm, but it'd probably take him one solid shot to get back into some rhythm. India need to get him early.
Two solid shots against Pathan.

Two inches of rain and this outfield is beautiful! All the World Cup drama is worth it if these are the improvements being made to West Indian venues. Fantastic.

Mr Mxyzptlk

I'm blown away by this outfield. State of the art simply is good enough to describe it. How is it even possible to recover from that kind of rain on such a level?? Two inches until this morning and yet play was delayed by just an hour and the ball is racing along the outfield.