• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka 2015

Flem274*

123/5
classic karu. every time.

unless karunaratne and chandimal tighten up fast this side is going to get absolutely smashed away from home. bangladesh have a more reliable line up overall and they don't have a mathews.

tharanga opening the batting and mathews down at #5 jesus ****ing christ.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are there any good batting all-rounders in Indian domestic?
Short answer is no.

The best one is probably Nayar who's also the best batsman from all the potential ARs. He's a very, very limited medium pacer though and hasn't got wickets despite playing in seamer friendly conditions.

If I had to pick an AR I might go for Rishi Dhawan who's a better batsman than Binny and a similar bowler. He's not a very good batsman either though and I have doubts about a 6/7 of Saha/Dhawan. It is workable though if Ashwin and Bhuvi feature at 8/9.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Problem with Bhuvneshwar as third seamer is he is too easy paced. For every where except England that's cannon fodder. Would prefer Pankaj.
He did a job in the 4-0 of Australia. Just bowl him with the new ball and then let the spinners do the rest.

indiaholic

International Captain
Jeez. Pujara's knock now looking one of the best of the year.
Yeah absolutely should rank very high. Helpful pitch, very high quality bowling from Prasad, stupid batting partners. The way he played inswing so so very late was beautiful to watch.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He did a job in the 4-0 of Australia. Just bowl him with the new ball and then let the spinners do the rest.
Weakens the batting a lot. If Binny can't bat at all, I doubt there will be place for him for long as well. Needs to average 27-28 at least with the bat.

Flem274*

123/5
sanath doesn't even sound angry, just over it.

ooh now he's animated. i don't agree with him but his facepalming at the constant shifting of thirimanne (and now karu) is spot on. give the man a job.

edit - sounds like he wants silva, karu, thiri, chandiguns, mathews as the top five. other than swapping silva and thiri i agree.

Last edited:

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Expecing Kusal to play a blinder now while the others fall around him. If India can get SL all out today, even without a follow-on, good chance for India to win this test.

Dissector

International Debutant
Wow. A follow-on looks a distinct possibility now. Should India do it if they get the chance? On the one hand, rain and time are a factor, on the other after the first test India will dread batting last on a helpful wicket with a smallish target.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow. A follow-on looks a distinct possibility now. Should India do it if they get the chance? On the one hand, rain and time are a factor, on the other after the first test India will dread batting last on a helpful wicket with a smallish target.
We got Che now. Bring it on!

Dissector

International Debutant
Yeah given the rain situation I think you have to go for it. The pitch is helping seamers but there will probably be some turn soon as well so it will be difficult for SL to score 300+ to set any real target.

Last edited: