• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Sri Lanka 2015

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Yes except Watto/Angelo's bowling is way way better still. And India have better replacements for Binny in Bhuvi, the guy's definitely a better bowler AND a potentially better bat.
No. Bhuvneshwar K is no all rounder candidate. He can come into the side as third seamer for Mishra

Flem274*

123/5
ideally india would play yadav, bhuvi, ishant, ashwin, binny as an attack in the west and yadav, ishant, bhuvi/mishra, ashwin, binny in SC and UAE but Binny sucks at #6. Ashwin and this minutes keeper are better than him with the bat.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
key word being "at his job" which is to be the 5th bowler.
Yeah Binny's bowling has really improved since he was first selected in international cricket. He's a bit quicker these days, still just as accurate and moves it both ways. Whoever's been working with him on it deserves a tick.

He's a fine fifth bowler, but unfortunately for him you need to be better than a fifth bowler if your batting is Binny-standard.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Binny has surprised me with his bowling actually. Even in an earlier test bowled so well. Right spots and swung it a bit. Didn't look like this in the t20 and odi games I have seen him bowl in.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Problem with Bhuvneshwar as third seamer is he is too easy paced. For every where except England that's cannon fodder. Would prefer Pankaj.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I suspect if Binny can't keep batting, Karun Nair will come in. He is a terrific batsman and can do the Marlon Samuels job of at least bowling a few overs.

Flem274*

123/5
This unenthusiastic kid who sounds like she's reciting a script has named Rohit her favourite player.

I see what you're doing Kohli/Shashtri

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Binny will continue for at least two tests v SA I reckon. He bowled fine in non helpful tracks enough to show he was can do a job. I don't like the comparison with Robin Singh as Robin by the time he came to international cricket was not a good bowler for fc level. Binny looks terrible batting wise right now but we should have patience. If he works, will be good for the balance of the side. Isn't a bad batsman at domestic level.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
BTW would hate to see Axar in the test side. There is a possibility of him coming in eventually with that 0-4 and Shastri also being a left armer. Not a fan.