• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Worst shot of the match?

a) Sachin Tendulkar - 1st innings
b) Wasim Jaffer - 2nd innings
c) Sourav Ganguly - 2nd innings
d) Mahendra Singh Dhoni - 2nd innings

adharcric

International Coach
Prince EWS said:
Playing with eight then? Interesting decision. At least you won't be carrying passengers. :p

1. Gautam Ghambir
2. Rahul Dravid
3. Dinesh Karthik
4. Anil Kumble
5. Harbhajan Singh
6. Zaheer Khan
7. Sree Sreesanth
8. Munaf Patel
9. No-one
10. No-one
11. No-one
Insert Greg Chappell, Dilip Vengsarkar and Ian Frazier and you've got one hell of a side.

R_D

International Debutant
d. Dhoni.... no need for it
Sachin's came close but fact that Dhoni was couple of balls away from tea break and there was no need to play the ball.

adharcric

International Coach
Jono said:
Worst shot of the match?

a) Sachin Tendulkar - 1st innings
b) Wasim Jaffer - 2nd innings
c) Sourav Ganguly - 2nd innings
d) Mahendra Singh Dhoni - 2nd innings
Tough one. In terms of the actual shot, A. Taking circumstances into account, D. I won't bash Dhoni too much though because he's the only one who stood up.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
adharcric said:
Insert Greg Chappell, Dilip Vengsarkar and Ian Frazier and you've got one hell of a side.
The sad thing is, I honestly think the top 4 would score a few if you named side. I even think Kumble would lift to batting in the top order and score 50 odd. :p

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Okay but, honestly, guys don't you think it'll be quite fun now that the series is tied 1-1. Exciting third match.

adharcric

International Coach
Prince EWS said:
I use to like Chopra. How has his domestic form been?
He was in blazing form a month ago, but not anymore. He just got owned by a mediocre side in the latest round of the Ranji Trophy.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
adharcric said:
He was in blazing form a month ago, but not anymore. He just got owned by a mediocre side in the latest round of the Ranji Trophy.
Put him on the flight tonight..he can be here in time. Its not like it matters if he has gotten any rest. He has one shot (the leave) and plays it perfectly.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Do you guys think any Indian would do this...

Ntini in a tv interview. "God was on our side. .... All of a sudden the sun came out. .. I went to the gym last evening. They asked me why am I going to gym, you got to bowl tomorrow. I said, 'That's why I am going to the gym. Need more power." What a champion performance from him.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Turbinator said:
Do you guys think any Indian would do this...

Ntini in a tv interview. "God was on our side. .... All of a sudden the sun came out. .. I went to the gym last evening. They asked me why am I going to gym, you got to bowl tomorrow. I said, 'That's why I am going to the gym. Need more power." What a champion performance from him.
Ntini is the fittest man in cricket, probably just ahead of Brett Lee. The guy runs from his house/hotel to the stadium he plays at on every 3rd day of a test match before the start of play.

Absolute machine. What a champion.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono said:
Ntini is the fittest man in cricket, probably just ahead of Brett Lee. The guy runs from his house/hotel to the stadium he plays at on every 3rd day of a test match before the start of play.

Yeah I heard he runs 10K EVERYday.

adharcric

International Coach
Jono said:

Indeed. :cool:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
adharcric said:
I'll admit our batting was terible and the Proteas bowling was solid, but I'll never consider this a genuine loss.
Fair enough umpires make a few bad calls in every test and they might balance out, but when you 20 bad calls in a test something is seriously wrong.
List these 20 bad calls then.