• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
170 odd for 5 is not a bad first innings. Kohli is still around and Ashwin can bat, I full expect India to get 250+ and win the game. SAs batsmen are so bad they will struggle to even get 150 here.

Spark

Global Moderator
Jansen has destroyed us all series, serious find . What a dreadful batting lineup though.
Yeah, his action still looks a little "young MJ" in that there are a lot of moving parts, not fully refined yet. Once that's all in order he's going to be scary.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really don't think this pitch is unplayable at all. 275-300 par afaic. I don't even think indias batsmen have done much wrong just not good enough to handle quality bowling. This might be the most consistently good Sa's attack has bowled this series.

Spark

Global Moderator
I really don't think this pitch is unplayable at all. 275-300 par afaic. I don't even think indias batsmen have done much wrong just not good enough to handle quality bowling. This might be the most consistently good Sa's attack has bowled this series.
Yeah this doesn't yell "240 par" pitch to me. Tricky but hardly unmanageable.

Plenty of value for shots too, ball clearly coming nicely onto the bat.

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
Sadly we've been relying on them a lot.
I doubt India are relying on Pant or Ashwin. The latter is a spinner who is a handy bat and Pant has a high score of 50 in his last 11 completed innings. Not exactly reliable.

But I repeat, SAs batting is so bad, this is not bad. Anything above 200 and I guarantee an India win.