• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
Kohli doesn't have that much leeway anymore. I doubt he'll be dropped anytime soon but his grip on the captaincy seems feebler by the day.
He is still India's poster boy, there is still the rep from 2 away wins in Aus and a win in Eng (if it counts) so I imagine he still has clout in the BCCI.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
this side is definitely weaker than any other SA side that India has faced here, but it's still petty solid. Pre-series expectations were fair tho. No one predicted Keegan and Jansen would have performed to the extent they have. Despite losing QDK this side has been very good.
Yap, expect big things from Jansen and KP. If Markram irons out the issues with his batting, this SA batting lineup will become much stronger. Also, Mulder at 7 and Jansen at 8 would be perfect.

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
this side is definitely weaker than any other SA side that India has faced here, but it's still petty solid. Pre-series expectations were fair tho. No one predicted Keegan and Jansen would have performed to the extent they have. Despite losing QDK this side has been very good.
Define solid? :laugh:

QDK was SAs highest averaging batsman in the last couple years and he left mid way. SA had to find a new keeper, while already having a new batting line up. The bowling does bring it up but Olivier at less than a 130kph is useless. I honestly think Aus would likely win in SA and SL already won against a better side. India really should have won this series.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Lol they are feeling the heat for no reason.. One more here & choke Could be on. Except Maharaj I doubt anyone other than him could take SA over the line after Bavuma

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Lol they are feeling the heat for no reason.. One more here & choke Could be on. Except Maharaj I doubt anyone other than him could take SA over the line after Bavuma
The game is pretty much over. A couple of hiccups here and there but SA are more or less through.
Game not over yet seen many collapses from 140 odd to less than 200 this series and this SA batting line-up...
Gambhir... counter Gambhir!

Dissector

International Debutant
Why isn't Ashwin bowling? Might be handy against the new batsman and I reckon India just needs something different.

Overall the Indian bowling hasn't been bad, especially Shami and Bumrah. In a tight game you really need a bit of luck with edges. And of course you need to catch those edges that you do get.

cnerd123

likes this
Define solid? :laugh:
Well they're evidently the better team in these conditions. Only Verreynne has looked out of his depth with the bat, but he's been decent with the gloves. Rassie and Markram haven't scored many runs, but atleast Rassie has occupied the crease (faced more balls than Che and Rahane). Bowling attack is good, despite Olivier. Pacers all know how to bowl here and have height to exploit. Their tail end batting is stronger than India, they've fielded and caught better than India. It's a decent side overall.

Dendarii

International Debutant
The biggest issue I have with winning this series, is the likely continuation of papering over the batting cracks.
Agreed. There's definitely a danger of them falling into a mentality of "We won the series, so our selections are working".