• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

subshakerz

International Coach
Shami has been the best bowler for India this series, for the most part has been bending his back each spell. The others have been good in patches.

ashley bach

International Captain
find it hard to believe how an all time legend like Kohli can really cop so much crap.
the guys doing his best, soon as it looks like India are going to lose all these negatives come out in abundance.
there really are some haters out there...

cnerd123

likes this
Bit of an opening here I reckon, tail is pretty long to be comfortable.
7 wickets for 55 runs is too steep a collapse to expect with a series on the line. The SA tail isn't as bad as India's, Jansen/Maharaj/Rabada are about par with Thakur and Ngidi/Oliver don't throw their wickets away like our quicks do.

Plus if the keeper is needed to bat I suspect he'll finally show glimpses of why he has that FC average of 50.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
like a certain tennis player- djokovic!

This is the weakest SA side since apartheid, cant believe they lost so easily here. No steyn, morkel, philander. Paper thin batting lineup without great stars like de villiers or kallis.
No, and that's why it's important to watch the game. Right after the first test I had said that Keegan Peterson looked better than any other batsmen despite of not scoring much, he has looked better than Kohli, Elgar, or anyone else in this series. Elgar is such a reliable batter and Bavuma has been contributing with very important runs(but most people here don't want to rate him). Only issue is the lower order, this side looks pretty solid for SENA conditions.

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
I don't know, I can't imagine they'll be dropped immediately. It's likely they will get a home series each. But I would prefer guys like Iyer and Vihari too, a return for Gill should be on the cards. There's a lot of batting talent in their 20s and the older guys need to make way.

Kohli's form, injuries and captaincy are also a concern. His immature behaviour after the DRS review yesterday, the arrogant and entitlement he breeds into his players is a major reason India have lost the WTC final and now yet another series in SA, against the weakest SA side in our life time.

His batting form is even worse, since the start of the last WTC he is averaging less than 40 and only has home track centuries. Of course, he is a great batsman and deserves a shot at retaining form but India shouldn't be looking at another Dravid, Dhoni, Tendulkar style situation where these guys were given exceedingly long ropes to carry on playing well after their best, to the detriment of the team.
Both are done in every possible way. The most logical thing that kept them here was experience of SA conditions & Dravid was very conservative about trying Iyer or Vihari here.
As they have failed here now it leaves no choice but to back youngsters in more familiar conditions of Home & Bangladesh in November

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Kohli's form, injuries and captaincy are also a concern. His immature behaviour after the DRS review yesterday, the arrogant and entitlement he breeds into his players is a major reason India have lost the WTC final and now yet another series in SA, against the weakest SA side in our life time.

His batting form is even worse, since the start of the last WTC he is averaging less than 40 and only has home track centuries. Of course, he is a great batsman and deserves a shot at retaining form but India shouldn't be looking at another Dravid, Dhoni, Tendulkar style situation where these guys were given exceedingly long ropes to carry on playing well after their best, to the detriment of the team.
Kohli doesn't have that much leeway anymore. I doubt he'll be dropped anytime soon but his grip on the captaincy seems feebler by the day.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
That might be a long wait...
The biggest issue I have with winning this series, is the likely continuation of papering over the batting cracks.

I also remember recent discussions of how SA where going to handle not having a great fast bowling attack.

cnerd123

likes this
No, and that's why it's important to watch the game. Right after the first test I had said that Keegan Peterson looked better than any other batsmen despite of not scoring much, he has looked better than Kohli, Elgar, or anyone else in this series. Elgar is such a reliable batter and Bavuma has been contributing with very important runs(but most people here don't want to rate him). Only issue is the lower order, this side looks pretty solid for SENA conditions.
this side is definitely weaker than any other SA side that India has faced here, but it's still petty solid. Pre-series expectations were fair tho. No one predicted Keegan and Jansen would have performed to the extent they have. Despite losing QDK this side has been very good.