• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2021-22

Bahseph

State Captain
@StephenZA I haven't had an issue with the Test selections as much as the LO picks at times. Elgar,VDD,Bavuma and Maharaj the only players over 30 in the side. I think there has been an effort to look to the future.

Dendarii

International Debutant
@StephenZA I haven't had an issue with the Test selections as much as the LO picks at times. Elgar,VDD,Bavuma and Maharaj the only players over 30 in the side. I think there has been an effort to look to the future.
There's still a bit of an issue with the test squad as the likes of Hendricks, Magala, and Erwee aren't particularly forward-looking selections.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Well played Indian batsmen.

Hopefully that will be the only obligatory poor first session beginning of a Test series from SA, rather than the whole first day.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Good stuff from India so far. Very positive.

Also, Jansen should come good over time. Mulder is class. Rabada is doing a bit of an Anderson here, more worried about his ER than wickets. Ngidi still seems undercooked. Maharaj looks threatening.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well played Indian batsmen.

Hopefully that will be the only obligatory poor first session beginning of a Test series from SA, rather than the whole first day.
Your lengths were so wrong but a quick adjustment could bring you back in with a good session

Apex Predator

State Vice-Captain
Mayank made a solid debut on Boxing day at MCG in 2018... Lucky day for him Expecting some fireworks as soon as Maharaj bowls.

halba

International 12th Man
the selection of SAF makes no sense? where is nortje and duanne olivier. i would've put those two in. got rid of ngidi and mulder

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Injured, I believe. Both of them. Nortje is basically out of the series.
Nortje injured, Olivier maybe, some rumours but Jansen was a surprise selection.

@halba Mulder is a batting allrounder you don't replace him with a bowler!!!

There has not been a lot of movement, and the Indian batsmen have played very well. And the pitch is still slow. I think that graphic showing them leaving the ball so close to the stumps shows how well they have batted. I don't think the bowling from SA has been amazing but I don't think it has been anywhere as terrible as people are implying. Jansen started poorly, but has actually been bowling pretty well since. Ngidi has been the least likely bowler so far.