• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2017/18

Woodster

International Captain
This is where batting runs should almost count double on players averages, the type of innings where people that just look at stats don’t realise how hard work it is to get a score here when you compare it to some of the flat runfest pitches you see in other parts of the world.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thankfully both edges have gone to Saha. Have no doubt if it was a thicker edge the slips would have messed it up.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Bounce doesn't look like it will threaten our bats from what we have seen so far. Maybe after a bit of sunshine it will be different. Hopefully the movement dies down by then.
This is why Faf batted, he expected it to be a bit slower and then the pitch to harden with extra pace and bounce under the sun day 2 onwards.

SeamUp

International Coach
Yeah, I was fully expecting a quick 150 partnership. AB still there though.. want him to make runs at one end while we keep chipping away. :)
The other end may not last too long to enjoy AB !

Very disappointed with Hash's shot. I think we may have to accept he was never the most compact batsman so I wonder with age we have to accept more failures in him. The class in him will see some class innings still.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
This is why Faf batted, he expected it to be a bit slower and then the pitch to harden with extra pace and bounce under the sun day 2 onwards.
I think it's one of those things where you hope you can see off the new ball. It didn't happen. But that;s test cricket. It happens