• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2013/14

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Loved the long silence when Ishant Sharma 's test stats were displayed.
Twas almost as if the commentators sat there thinking "Words cannot describe how crappy that record is"

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I guess the India supporters in India are actually following election counting results in four major States, myself included.

Fancy expecting the Indian team to win when plenty of overs are rolled down by Raina, Jadeja and Kohli. And an Ishant comeback. Celebrate mediocrity and you'll never get ahead.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

I guess the India supporters in India are actually following election counting results in four major States, myself included.

Fancy expecting the Indian team to win when plenty of overs are rolled down by Raina, Jadeja and Kohli. Celebrate mediocrity and you'll never get ahead.
Not this **** again. Jadeja deserves a spot in the side, or have you not followed our cricket team fir the past year?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Loved the long silence when Ishant Sharma 's test stats were displayed.
Twas almost as if the commentators sat there thinking "Words cannot describe how crappy that record is"
They were just telling us how much potential he had before it popped up as well. :laugh:

OverratedSanity

What a minnow basher. :ph34r:

Seriously though, love his batting. Any idea how his FC stats are like? SA could do with him in the lower order in the Test side

Burgey

If de Kock keeps displaying this kind of form he could end up being the next George Bailey.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Look at Jadeja's overall record, and then decide. Terrible choice for a bowler. Even Ishant has a better record in wickets per game.

OverratedSanity

Look at Jadeja's overall record, and then decide. Terrible choice for a bowler. Even Ishant has a better record in wickets per game.
He's not the spearhead anyway FFS. He keeps it generally tight in the middle and picks up a wicket or two. The fact that he has picked up plenty if wickets this year is a nice bonus

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How plumb was that lbw shout by ashwin BTW. Not sure why the umpire didn't give that.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
He's not the spearhead anyway FFS. He keeps it generally tight in the middle and picks up a wicket or two. The fact that he has picked up plenty if wickets this year is a nice bonus
The Indian team had to endure four years of mediocrity so that Jadeja could cash in on one year of good luck. Jadeja's run in the ODI side is even less questioned than Ishant's in the Test side, though both are equally mediocre. Keeps it tight and gets a wicket or two on cracked strips or low-bounce beaches, making much out of favourable conditions like Nehra in the 2003 World Cup game in Durban. A record of 108 wickets in 90 games is not any good for a bowler.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
You have to wonder why Dhoni's bowled Raina and Kohli when he has 5 bowlers in the team. Plus why did he only give 2 overs to Yadav? I get the impression that Yadav may have picked up an injury... and hence all this cover up by bowling 8 overs with Raina and Kohli

OverratedSanity

The Indian team had to endure four years of mediocrity so that Jadeja could cash in on one year of good luck. Jadeja's run in the ODI side is even less questioned than Ishant's in the Test side, though both are equally mediocre. Keeps it tight and gets a wicket or two on cracked strips or low-bounce beaches, making much out of favourable conditions like Nehra in the 2003 World Cup game in Durban. A record of 108 wickets in 90 games is not any good for a bowler.
I don't give a **** what he did previously... I don't care if he had a lucky year ( what's that even supposed to mean anyway? A lucky wicket, lucky over, lucky game I've heard.... But a lucky year? :lol:). Fact is, he's produced very good results for us this year, and it's crazy to talk about dropping him. Lets wait for him to get smashed in this series before even thinking of doing that